4th annual Raccoon DOG

Discussion in 'Dutch Oven Cooking' started by vagov, Jan 31, 2018.

1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Three Rivers Dutch Ovens will be hosting the 4th Annual Raccoon DOG again at Raccoon Creek State park in western PA. Saturday April 21st 2018. besides the usual good food, fun, and fellowship, we will having door prizes, 50/50 raffles and more, camping is available at the State Park campground and Cabins, plus a Complimentry Friday night dinner is included for those weiry travlers, in the E-section of the campground. cost is only $10 for a family of 4 with early registration before Aril 1, then slightly more there after. registration is now open if interested , forms available upon request, feel free to contact me for more info. Hope to see you there

2. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Hey John, Rendi and I going to be there...for real this time[CK] and so far, a co-worker is planning on coming too. We're going to stay in a cabin and we can't wait!

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

sounds good, did you send your registration in yet, only $10.00 for up to 4 before April .

4. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

They're in the mail now.

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

sites booking at campground and cabins, reserve your spot now and come join us, only $10 for a family of 4 for the Dutch oven Gathering to cook and eat before April 1 , early registration, then slightly more afterwards. forms available upon request.

6. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

It looks like you will have some decent weather. I was considering towing the Roo over to Raccoon Friday but this never ending winter threw a wrench in the works. I have yet to pull the cover, dewinterize, and do my prep, and that's usually all done in March.

I'm sure it will be a great time, sad to miss it.

7. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Sorry you won't be able to make it OG. You are going to miss some really great food!

8. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Damm, from the title I thought you were cooking coon.

9. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

You don't know what can end up in the pot!

10. Old_Geezer

Since you have to come past here anyway you could always detour 40 miles South and drop off some of that peach cobbler and whatever else your whipping up? Lol. Maybe make an extra pot? And some of those ribs the woman from Canada made, if she' s there, some of John K's specialties , and any other leftovers if there are any which I doubt, since your almost coming past.

Sorry to miss it, Last year I was not in top form, but now I can pack the food away, and have been doing so as told by the bathroom scale, and my doctor, lol.

Hope you all have a great time. Gonna be nice, around 60, get some wood though as its still flirting with 30 at night out on this end of PA........damn weather.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  11. Old_Geezer

Mike, I have a momma possum regularly visiting my back porch, you're more than welcome to swing by heading west and get her also. You may need a super size DO though, she's a fat one.

12. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

I want to thank the Three Rivers Dutch Oven guys for hosting such a great event this past weekend. The weather was perfect, the people were the friendliest, and the food awesome! I'm hooked now, see you guys at Ohiopyle in September.

13. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

OG, Sorry, I just saw this, or I would have stopped down (not for the possum though). You missed a good one though, and there were definitely leftovers! Hopefully we will meet up down the road soon. I will make sure to make something good for you.

Dusty and OG, if you you are up for a trip, I put on the East Coast DOG, September 7-9, at Codorus State park in Hanover, PA. Last year we had over 50 dutch ovens on the table for the meal. It would be great to see you there.