5th Annual 2017 Illinois Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WadeT, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dguthery

dguthery I'd pop that!

I have site #115. Arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday. 1 adult, 1 kid.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

We just booked Site #137. 2 adults. Arriving Thursday staying 4 nights. we'll bring something with meat in it.

3. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

So here we are on Goundhog Day, Feb 2. Did you know that the movie was filmed in Woodstock, IL? 25 years ago! Rally is less than 4 months away!! Yay! Are we doing a potluck sign up?

4. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

We just got back from a great evening at the Pizza Palace in Gilman with our friends. Steve & Jody, Mike-milo & his DW Vanessa, Lori came to and my DW Susan. A small group but lots of fun. We chatted about Doug's fires and Lories crafts as well as we told Mike-Milo he better come even if he goes to the dark side. He's a really nice guy. We talked some about food and when we were getting there. We mentioned doing a craft on Friday. Something we could all use to tell who is with our group. I hope it works out. Sorry no one else was able to be there, Maybe next time.
    Mike -milo said there is another opportunity to see all kinds of campers at the Spring Hall of Fame RV Show this spring. I'm going to see if we can get some friends together with this. This show is in Elkhart Indiana from April 27th to 30th. There should be camping around there somewhere and there is the RV Hall of Fame to see as well. He says there are thousands of campers. So we will see what he means. It sounds very interesting, [HYC] [PUC] [HY] [ALPU] [NEON] Your friend Illplainsman.

5. love2travel

love2travel Member

Since canvasback is booked, is mergansel circle also part of this rally?

6. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Any spot you can find will work. There is usually a main rally site and a common place to get together for the pot luck on Saturday and any activities, so you would just have to come on over to the canvasback loop. Wouldn't that be something if we filled the park with pups lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

7. love2travel

love2travel Member

Great, looks like site booked pretty fast, hope meet everyone there. It is going to be our first trip ever with pop up, it is not far and there are people who knows how...just in case if we find ourselves with pop-up-truble, lol

8. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Yeah! I couldn't imagine a better first trip! You will have plenty of folks to help you with any questions. See you there!

9. WadeT

WadeT New Member

IF you are on FB and are coming to the rally you can find us on there. Just look for Illinois Popups

I will start a pot luck thread soon!

10. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Glad you can join. Yes, there will be plenty of veterans there to help you out. And if you get there after dark ILplainsman will probably be over to help to back in with his big light. If he isn't tending to the rally fire lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

11. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

Hi Love2travel,

You will be very good hands if you need anything at all during your first outing with the PU. We just joined the world of PU's after so many years laying on the ground. We use totes for carry most of our things, they fit nicely on the floor of the PU and under the PU outside. Just consider what your menus will require for cooking and plan around that because you now have many options. My first Rally was just a couple of years ago and I asked so many questions from very wise people. Be sure to check the pressure in your tires before you start out. Hope to meet up with you when you arrive.

Safe travels,

Steve & Jody
    Site 116

12. ill.plainsman

Love2travl, great to have you on board with us. Yes we have a lot of good people in our group. If you have ANY questions [?:~{] from how to fix popcorn [CK] to where to get parts for a 40 year old [}:)] popup we will try to answer your questions. If you need anything I'll be in site #131. Maybe I can help you find the answers you are looking for. I am not the smartest [:D] one but I am kind of a a smart a....ick, whoops almost slipped. No seriously If I can help or any of our friends can help just ask. Please stay right here or on our FB page "Illinois pop-ups". Don't be afraid to ask and keep up on our conversations. You never know when something new will be added to our rally. Don't make me do all the talking to [LOL] . You will find we have a few crafts and games as well as a big potluck. So don't forget your lawn chairs and an appetite. We will have a community fire and it's all good clean fun. So again WELCOME to the group. [2C] .

13. ill.plainsman

Lori & Steve & Mikemilo , are you guys on here please respond . not getting all your emails. not getting to respond very well.

14. love2travel

love2travel Member

We've got #110 and we can't wait to meet people there. It will be good and short trip for first time with pop-up before going to bigger one.

15. campingquilter

campingquilter Member

Booked site 140...Hoping to have the new t@g camper!

16. WadeT

WadeT New Member

Looks like we have a few 1st time rally folks coming this year! how about another meet/greet dinner before the rally? April 1st @5:00PM at El Toro Loco 1601 N Cunningham Ave, Urbana, IL 61802

17. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Sounds good to me Wade! I think we might be able to make this one.

18. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Although we have a reservation at Shabonna for Wednesday, May 17, we will not be coming in that night. However we will take off on Thursday morning early and come down. We're only a couple of hours away, if that much. We needed to save that vacation day for some family needs.

19. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Working the weekend, wish I could go!

20. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Talked it over w/DW, count us in on Apr 1. Hope to see everyone then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.