5th Annual 2020 Northeast PA Rally

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
The real question about the potluck is, will be all be able to sit at the same site or will the rangers be patrolling to check for social distancing. The potluck might look more like a site hopping.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
We will be fine, in nj it is gatherings of 25 now. By the time we get there I'll assume it will be similar to that if not better. I will guarantee that we are way better then most.

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
Spencer is right. As of now, red counties have a limit of 10 people, yellow counties are 25, and green counties are 50. The campground will have to be yellow in order to open, so they must be expected to be if they are posting dates. So 25 will most likely be the number. With Pat and Dave and Deb not being there this year, I think we will be fine.

Dave, I am glad you and Joy will be able to make it. I Don't seem to have information for you though. What site are you in, and what days will you be there?

Josh, are you still planning on coming? Were you able to get a site?

Strawhouse

I miss my Camping Family...
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Spencer is right. As of now, red counties have a limit of 10 people, yellow counties are 25, and green counties are 50. The campground will have to be yellow in order to open, so they must be expected to be if they are posting dates. So 25 will most likely be the number. With Pat and Dave and Deb not being there this year, I think we will be fine.

Dave, I am glad you and Joy will be able to make it. I Don't seem to have information for you though. What site are you in, and what days will you be there?

I’m glad that NEPA is a go for you. Both Jenn and I have reservations at one of the campgrounds in Algonquin Park that weekend, but we have agreed that it’s not likely that our ON parks will be open for camping by then. Hopefully, our parks will re-open in time for our annual ON Kickoff to Summer Rally on July 2nd.

VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
Northwestern Vermont

No power sites have opened up which isn't a deal killer for me, but Jaime has reservations about traveling out of state at this point. VT hasn't really been hit by Covid, so we have been rather sheltered. Lily is prone to pneumonia and Katie has viral induced asthma, so I think we're not going to tempt fate. Our campgrounds won't open for a few weeks at this point, so this is the second outing we've had to cancel :(

Strawhouse

I miss my Camping Family...
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
No power sites have opened up which isn't a deal killer for me, but Jaime has reservations about traveling out of state at this point. VT hasn't really been hit by Covid, so we have been rather sheltered. Lily is prone to pneumonia and Katie has viral induced asthma, so I think we're not going to tempt fate. Our campgrounds won't open for a few weeks at this point, so this is the second outing we've had to cancel :(
Hey, Josh! Likely a good decision to stay home. This decision was taken out of my hands when a travel advisory was imposed and with the extension of the border closure. I have my fingers crossed for the VT Rally. I hope that you can make it!

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Do what you are comfortable with, thats the only desition thats good for you. Dont second guess it. All good. See you next year!

VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
Northwestern Vermont
Hey, Josh! Likely a good decision to stay home. This decision was taken out of my hands when a travel advisory was imposed and with the extension of the border closure. I have my fingers crossed for the VT Rally. I hope that you can make it!

Yeah, the border closure is a bummer. We had a flood in our house 2 days before Christmas and we're getting our counters from Quebec. It's hard to go pick out granite when you can't cross the border.

DJS12354

Super Active Member

Mike - Apparently, I did something wrong and just made reservations. Joy and I will be on site 109. Due to my screw-up we will arrive on the 20th and leaving on the 22nd.Suffering CRS here-what's the day for the .? Saturday? Will bring smoked chicken

Last edited: