5th Annual 2020 Northeast PA Rally

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
[:D][:D]I googled that 6.6 That Gen 5 motor is nice ! I got the old 6.0 gasser In mine and it pulls my small 5ver. Nice. With that 6.6. You will forget that camper Is even back there ! Good luck. Post a pic with the camper hooked. To it !!![:D]

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
Scrapple is very much a part of my region, it's just not loved by all. Me included! My dad used to eat it every which way, including raw out of the fridge. I can't stand it anyway it's made.

NICE truck Spencer! I'm not a GM guy, bit that is sharp. John is right, you have forced me to upgrade now. [LOL][LOL][LOL]

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I will as soon as i figure out the inside stuff, then next week i have to adjust the hitch.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Scrapple is very much a part of my region, it's just not loved by all. Me included! My dad used to eat it every which way, including raw out of the fridge. I can't stand it anyway it's made.

NICE truck Spencer! I'm not a GM guy, bit that is sharp. John is right, you have forced me to upgrade now. [LOL][LOL][LOL]
Everyone pump the brakes. You've already got 395HP, Spencer's got 401, Jeffs older Hemi has probably 325-350ish, Even Todd's 2.7 makes 325. I'm stuck back here at 310. If anyone needs a new truck, It's ME.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
In my case it's not the horsepower, it's the payload I need more of. Although the 6.4 Hemi is now 410 horsepower, but who's counting. :grin:
Really? I thought your RAM could tow something like 12,000lbs. How much does that trailer weigh!?
I've had my eye on the F-250 with the Godzilla V-8. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
Really? I thought your RAM could tow something like 12,000lbs. How much does that trailer weigh!?
I've had my eye on the F-250 with the Godzilla V-8. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
You aren't listening.... Yes my truck has a towing capacity of 11,800 lbs. The new trailer is only 9200 loaded, I am good for towing capacity. My current truck has a payload capacity of 1538 lbs. My tongue weight is 910 lbs. Add 4 people at roughly 550 lbs. I can basically put a bag of charcoal in the bed, and I am at max. The 2500's have a towing capacity of around 14,500 lbs, and all but the Power Wagon have a payload capacity around 3200 lbs. BIG difference. Not to mention longer bed, bigger brakes, bigger fuel tank. You see why I need to upgrade now?

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
You aren't listening.... Yes my truck has a towing capacity of 11,800 lbs. The new trailer is only 9200 loaded, I am good for towing capacity. My current truck has a payload capacity of 1538 lbs. My tongue weight is 910 lbs. Add 4 people at roughly 550 lbs. I can basically put a bag of charcoal in the bed, and I am at max. The 2500's have a towing capacity of around 14,500 lbs, and all but the Power Wagon have a payload capacity around 3200 lbs. BIG difference. Not to mention longer bed, bigger brakes, bigger fuel tank. You see why I need to upgrade now?
Ohhh. Payload. Yeah. You're up there. Put some airbags on it and carry on. Pfffft

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Me and Pat are next. I'm really torn. A pickup is great, but not for 5 people and 2 dogs. A new Expedition will tow my camper but isn't more capable. No bigger camper for me.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Thats another reson i got the 2500, just in case. [:D] My camper is still new to me, i haven'thad it a year yet. But , if i got another 1500 and loaded it up with the max towing, etc it would cost almost the same as a mid line 2500. The 2500 is overkill for this but , who cares. I know gas millage is going to suck, but it did before. Big plus is i can sit up stright in the drivers seat and see out the windsheild. Even in the 1500 I didn't have that luxury.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Not really on gas mileage, not that much of a change for me.when I pulled my tt with my 1500 avalanche. I averaged. Roughly 10 miles to the gallon. On a good day I may have gotten 12 at spurts. The 2500 pulls the 5ver at 9.8 gal. Last checked on average. Pulling your same camper the new truck will work less.