6TH ANNUAL SEWER RALLY

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by yetavon, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

WHO?
    Anyone who enjoys some great camping company.
    WHAT?
    A great time camping with some great food.
    WHEN?
    Oct 12-15 2017
    WHERE?
    The Wilkesboro Treatment Plant, Snyder St Wilkesboro NC
    WHY????
    on earth would anyone want to camp at a sewer treatment plant.....
    well there's only one way to find out....Start making your plans now to join in on
    the fun. $20 a night for a power site with 100% of that going to the Wilkesboro Fire Dept.

2. Calman

Calman Member

Count me and Rosemary for an electric site. Don't know if we'll bring her Lil Guy or my trike and popup camper.

3. Lyle Leuck

Lyle Leuck Member

Susan and I would like a site with electric. Please put us down. Not sure exactly which dates we are going to be there yet. We may come a day early, but will have to decide and let you know.

4. yetavon

AWESOME....

5. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

we'll be there, probably on Wed. Too good to miss.

PATMD and Lyle Leuck like this.
  6. yetavon

Let me bump this back out there since it came up somewhere....

7. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

I guess I'll come too.... [:D]

Please put me down for an electric site - likely two adults and one dog - for Friday and Saturday night.

8. Lyle Leuck

Lyle Leuck Member

We plan to arrive on Thursday, and leave Sunday. Put us down for an electrical site. We would like to camp next to Dan & Carol (Wildlife) . . . if they'll have us. Dan, save us a spot.

9. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get to this rally since Pam started it, my wife,s work schedule literally sucks most of the time, plus trying to convince her. Camping at a water treatment plant. Sounds fun, she said she will try her best to get some time off work, or I could go myself , So out me down for a electric site, and I.m getting there this year one way or another! Mapquest. Shows a 7 hour drive for me, figuring slightly longer ,depending on when I leave, not sure the days yet, either arriving thurs or friday

10. yetavon

That would be great if you can finally make it...

11. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Just popped in for a minute or three and well I reckon you already know..... 2+2

12. ghri49

ghri49 Member

We will definitely be there. You know the crew I'm bringing. Trying to come in Tuesday evening may be Wednesday. Will be bringing the smoker and doing brisket and corn on the cobb

13. yetavon

YOU...AGAIN.....

14. PATMD

PATMD SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

I wanna come tooo! Lets get the party started! If the wheels don't fall off my trailer I'll be there, Heck if they do fall off then I'll set the trailer on some extra long skateboards and come in that way!!

Wild-Life likes this.
  15. eagle

eagle Member

I'm new to all of this, so I have a couple questions. We are used to camping at state parks or other locations that have bath houses near the sites. Our PUP does not have a toilet or shower; what is the toilet/shower situation for this event? Is this an adult-only event, or are kids (5/8/9) welcome? Thanks!

16. yetavon

COME ON DOWN!!!!! Yes there is a bath house there, plus a family/ handicap single bath on the end. plenty of power sites, but you need to get your water at the entrance on the way in. It is a VERY family oriented Rally...thanks to a child at heart, the kids have there own bouncy house....bring bikes as there is a lot of area to ride, and basically have to whole place to ourselves.

17. PATMD

PATMD SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

Sorry for the slow response, I'm still trying to understand this new sight and all it can do. Sewer fest is for anyone, adult or child. pets that are well behaved are welcome also. It is located at a city park that Wilksboro owns and happens to be the area for sewage filtration. The place is HUGE, and wooded like a state park. There are 2 very large heated bath houses on the sight. there are over 300 sights with power. There are spots to get water for your tanks or containers. The whole place is gated and there is a code to share to gain access. If you have ever heard of a festival call Meryl fest, this is the place where it happens every April, and there are usually around 10,000 people there. We have permission to use it in the fall for our camping get together, the fee you pay to camp($20) IS DONATED to the large fire station that is also located there. They maintain the grounds and bath houses. It is VERY NICE there as it is about 5 miles from the city and very quiet and secluded. My best friend, Pam Webber started this whole thing to help the fire station out ( she was a BIG Meryl Fest fan every year). Unfortunately, Pam passed away last year suddenly from a heart attack and we as a group decided to continue meeting there in her honor because we have sooo much darn fun there! There are all ages there who bring kids and grand kids, pets and friends. They come in popups, travel trailers and motor homes. Amazingly, even though it is a sewage treatment plant there is NO odor but there is the sound of water being aerated. This will be our 6th year and we have about 35-40 trailers there. You are welcome to come join us, bring bikes and helmets for the kids, fishing rods, kyacks . Some people bring guitars and other instruments to play around a camp fire. Someone brings a large bouncy house and sets it up. There are ALOT of folks who like to cook in cast iron (me) so there is a ton of food. there is Walmart, Food lion and Lowes foods stores close by. We have a blast and it is really a wonderful get together with a weird name - SEWER FEST.
    PATMD

18. p.holloway

p.holloway New Member

Hi,
    Put my wife and myself down for a electric site for the 14th.

19. yetavon

Great to have you join us

20. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

We'll be there. Wife and I. Going get there on Wed like usual.

RFinley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.