74 StarCraft renovation

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by chris4963, Apr 2, 2013.

1. chris4963

chris4963 Member

Bear creek did have the lowest prices. I think I've settle on the hard wall for the road side. I've got some ideas brewing its going to be amazing.

2. craiglepaige

craiglepaige New Member

Nice looking resto and decals. What type of cutter are you using? I have a US Cutter MSH871 and although nice for the price, I wish it was a Roland ha. I use Inkscape and SB Cutter for my design work, both free.

The more I read this forum, the more I realize we are all a bunch of home-doers, tinkerers, diy'ers and problem solvers. Seems like we only pay for the most crucial things, all else we make :)

3. chris4963

chris4963 Member

I have a 38" cutter/plotter made by US Cutter. I use Sure Design Pro and Inkscape. The camper is coming along nicely. Still a bunch more stuff I want to do I'm sure you seen my list above. I'm pretty busy between work and my business and 3 boys. Doesn't leave much time to work on it but it'll be complete someday.

4. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Looks good! Keep up the good work and please keep posting pictures. I love to see the oldies restored to the glory.

5. chris4963

chris4963 Member

It's been along time since I posted on here. After having some family issues in late 2014 and early 2015 my popup sat in a storage lot for 4 years untouched by me at least. I resurrected it last week. In total dismay to it's condition. Roof rotted out way beyond repair. Holes in roof by what looks like a hatchet all the electrical pulled out of it, exterior lights smashed, canvas slashed. New plans in the works as we speak the memory of the pop-up will live on In it's new form. I am starting a teardrop build with it's frame.

6. chris4963

chris4963 Member