75 MPH winds made for an interresting weekend in Door Cty, WI

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by jamona2311, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jamona2311

jamona2311 New Member

We have a permanent site here and Thursday night winds up to 75MPH whipped through DC leaving most of the county without electricity, downed trees all over, powerlines everywhere. my mom and her friend has been here all week and I showed up friday night. I laughed at them and said now were kicking it old school like I did when I had my first pop up in 2002. a 1971 apache mesa with no elec or water. It was candles, flashlights and cold showers all weekend till this morning at 6am! :D

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

sounds nice except for the cold showers, LOL!

3. wapwap

wapwap New Member

EEK! We had 52 mph winds in north central WI. I'm not sure I'd want to camping in anything with those kind of winds, much less 75 mph.

4. Rockies Bill

Rockies Bill Runnin' with the pack!

I hate it when its windy. But, 75mph is a hurricane. Don't think my pup could surrvive such winds. I',ve been in 50 plus winds and my pup did well. Anyway, glad to here you made the best out of the situation and nothing happed to you or your house.

5. Beckiec4

Beckiec4 New Member

thats windy....I would have been scared to wake up in OZ...

6. jamona2311

jamona2311 New Member

yeah they were lucky. its a 28ft TT so I think its a little more stable than a PUP. There were others that wernt so lucky. Trees landing on their campers, their screan porches crushed. There was on with a tree that overturned and it was kind under the slide out and shoved the whole slide up and into the camper sideways kinda. EEEK