75 pop up Jayco trailer need help please !!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pspolita, Oct 12, 2014.

1. pspolita

pspolita New Member

[PUC]
    hi I'm working on anow older 75 Jayco pop up trailer with a lot of work on it. I just changed all the wires to a thicker gage wire. I would love feedback if that's a problem? Second it seems to work as I installed a custom wench to it but where I'm seeing things go wrong is the springs that pic the sides up , one side as it goes up seems to get stuck and it seems like it's going that inside the rails that go up.. is that common? Any solutions? Help!!!!!!

2. Clive

Clive New Member

You need to check the spring or internal edges if the riser for snags. Check all pulleys work as they should and that the slugs slide freely, but as you have replaced the cables that should have been evident.
    Worst case spring(s) may be broken.

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Thicker gauge wire is fine.

You probably have a winch, though you may have a wench as well. The winch is what puts tension on the lift cables to lift the roof, a wench serves ale and mutton chops in a medieval roadhouse or castle. [;D] [LOL]

If one of the lift springs is sticking inside a lift post, you might want to remove it, lubricate it and make sure the rivet is still stuck in the end of the spring.

If you remove the spring and can't find the rivet, it's a safe bet that it's jammed inside the lift post. If that's the case, once the spring is out, tapping the extended post with a pair of pliers might cause the rivet to fall out. If not, you'll have to fish it out with a fish tape or coat hanger.