'94 Jayco Makeover

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Tmackcj5, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Tmackcj5

Tmackcj5 Member

Well, after canceling our trip last month I haven't touched the camper. Our rescheduled trip is this weekend, so I'm knocking out the rest of my list now.

Last night we got the bunks re-installed. Then hung out in camp driveway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I put the new water outlet on as well.

Tonight i'm going to make the curtains. Thursday i'll repack bearings and load the camper for our trip on Friday.

BlessedBetty, FARfetched and Overland like this.
  2. whitelabrat

whitelabrat New Member

Nice work! Carry on Sir!

Tmackcj5 likes this.
  3. Tmackcj5

Tmackcj5 Member

Well, I guess for now my project is complete.

Our first trip is in the books and it was a success. We camped at Lake Livingston State Park (Texas).
    We loved the camper. It had plenty of room for our little family. The kids were wiped out at the end of each day and slept perfectly (all night) then they enjoyed playing inside when they work up.

On to the pictures....

Loaded up.
    [​IMG]

All Set up at our camp spot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Completed interior pictures with my wife's decorating touch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Looks nice! Specially the counters :)

jmkay1 likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Wow...you got counter space! I see Jayco has yet to get a bigger sink, but almost worth the small sink just for the working counter space . My old Jayco there was no way we can cut vegi's etc except at the table. Then again it was a 1990 so I have to give some leeway. Great work.

6. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

What a beautiful job! Glad to hear your first trip was a success!

7. Overland

Overland Active Member

Well, I warned ya.. i'm ripping this off!

I still had not addressed the table on the camper, didn't see a rush as I don't camp in the heat of summer. Few days back my son and I decided to head into the woods as the temps are cooling off and he's between job sites (union carpenter), sent him for some 3/4" ply to make a quick table that could be replaced later. He came back holding a bag saying all the ply was junk.

I'll use an original spare table I have in garage for this trip.

He did pick this up however, so were gonna follow your lead. To be honest, I haven't seen a table I like better than yours. So how has yours been holding up?

KregJig.jpg

8. Littlejohn

Littlejohn New Member

I don’t know if you’re still watching this thread, but we just bought a PUP that’s a 1994 Jayco 1207 and I was wondering how your bungee cords attach under the bunk ends? Our bungees are just dangling and we need to replace almost all the knobs the bungees hook around. I’m just wondering if the dangling bungee end attaches INSIDE the camper somewhere or if the loose ends attach to a button under the bunk end. Thank you in advance if you have any insight on this!

9. fix_it

fix_it Member

Your interior update is nice. You have done a great job.

Littlejohn, there should be a number of plastic buttons on the bottom of the bunk that the bungee cord will hook to. Not just the ends, but all the way around. The cord should be woven in and out of the canvas so that a loop of the cord can be pulled toward the center of the bed and hooked on the button. There will be multiple places around the bunk like this.

10. Sharkita

Sharkita New Member

Thank you for sharing everything you have done. I just bought a 95 Jayco Eagle 10 project. Former owener ripped it apart to fix leaks then decided to change things. Never finished & decided they really didn't have the time. Now its mine. The Canvas looks to be in decent shape, will need change out but not have to now thing. But its not attached, no hardware to attach it to. I have finally found hardware & have 2 kinds to choose from. What style curtains do I want? (Yes those are gone as well) What do you have snap or tap? If given choice would you change & why? TIA