94 Starcraft Starmaster 1224 - Mod Thread

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by etool8762, Jun 14, 2013.

1. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Hello to all reading. I just got the above mentioned pup and have alot of stuff I would like to do. Unfortunately the other day my DD dropped our camera and it broke. We will be getting a new one this weekend so Ill post "stock" pics later. We have always been tenters then moved up to a TT but got rid of it about 2 years ago. Now we have our NTU pup. The pup has fridge, dual LP tanks, in/out 3 burner stove, AC, hot water(6 gal), furnace, water holding tank, fold down wardrobe, toilet/shower, and the shelf above the front king bed. We are so very excited about the camping season finally being here.

So far:
    Cleaned it out. Washed inside and out.
    I've removed both bunk mattresses (we use air mattresses)
    Taken off all curtins shades and fringe trim. Going to make new ones-well my wife is anyway :)
    Tested all L.P. systems and electrical systems. Everything works except the porch light.
    Removed the water holding tank (We don't boondock so no need) for extra 23"x22" storage area.

The stuff I want to do:

Cut a hole in the back of the fold down wardrobe to allow storage while in tow. Presently all items have to be removed to fold down and items stored elseware.
    Make a fold up cover for toilet/shower. Now it just sits open, with a cover we will be able to put a lite moveable shelf onto it for more storage.
    Install 4"x4" vinyl post with gutter for storage unit on rear bumper. (seen this mod on this site). [;)]
    Build front rack around LP tanks to transport 2 coolers.
    Roof rack.
    Cut back the electrical cord for park hook up and make "extension cord" that can be stored easily elseware.
    Wire rack shelf mod for galley kitchen area.
    Add shelf/protection to the watertank pump for reinstall of the watertank if we decide we need it or sell it down the line.
    Install dual fridge fan mod.
    Do the 1 1/2" drain mod.
    Install new flooring.
    Paint all the cabinets.
    Make new curtins etc...

Repair or Replace:

New tires and rims.
    Repair corner tear of canvas in rear bunk.
    Remove and re calk the whole exterior.

Extras to buy:

12 Foot Cabana - DONE and on its way. [:D]
    Section of AstroTurf for under cabana- Will be stored in rear vinyl bumper box.

So that's it for now Ill be posting pics this weekend of everything stock. Then pics as I go along.

2. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Congrats! We haven't been able to use it much, but so far we love our 1224. Sounds like you have some good plans in the works!

3. BTB

BTB New Member

Hope you enjoy the camper and it sounds like you have a lot of good plans for it. We have a 95 StarCraft Star lounge 1224 and it has been a good camper.

4. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Sorry 1st failed attempt to load pics ... Please stand buy.

5. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Well got the new camera, Here arew the stock pics. Notice the pic with the wardrobe closed and then set up like I mentioned above.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Batter pic of the wardrobe and sink in travel peosition
    [​IMG]

7. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Cabana came today. I had 10 minutes outside to set it up and make sure everything was their before it started to pour out. But I got the pup open and got it on and everything closed and put away before the heavens opened and let go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love it and so does the rest of the family...

8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Depending on what you normally keep in the wardrobe you could put a flip over type latch on the door and keep the stuff in there while in travel mode, providing its nothing breakable ...

9. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

We will most likely keep towles and other light items in their so it wont get and damage.

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Then just get a door latch like this to keep the door closed when you flip it..

[​IMG]

11. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

ya know I didnt think of that. I just assumed everything had to be emptied from it. Thanks for the insight.

12. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Re: 94 Starcraft Starmaster 1224 - Mod Thread, Bumper

Finally had some time over the weekend to start the bumper project, Only change I made was to do the mod in the back instead of the front. Total cost was $7.94 for the two 8' pt 2x4's. I removed the stock rear bumper and cut two 25" boards and ripped about 1/8 in off of the first 12" to get it to slide into the c channel of the frame. Next cut the two cross sections to give the coolers a place to sit on and attach the hardware to secure them with the tie downs. Raised the taillights and painted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Familyman68

Familyman68 test

Great idea with the rear bumper..... Just a thought about the wardrobe, why not make a door on the rear so that when its folded down, you can fill it with storage of heavy stuff while in travel mode.

14. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

I thought about doing that also. im just scared the frame and door wouldn't be able to take a lot of weight and break. I wanted to put the microwave and coffee pot in it but im not sure. ill stick light bulk items in their like towels. the shelf's inside it are not movable so I would have to install the track shelf's and take them apart every time I close it and then load it up.