96 Jayco Furnace Cannot light pilot.

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by OlyUSMC, Oct 15, 2018.

1. OlyUSMC

OlyUSMC New Member

D6551862-3047-4BDD-B482-CC4C6A5ACF2C.jpeg
    I am doing my first real checkout of my new to me Jayco Pup.

I am trying to light my furnace. I’m hooked to shore power and can get the blower fan on. I tested the propane line to stove works. Turn knob to pilot and push in while pressing the striker.

I have no idea where to look to see if pilot lit. Never got warm air from furnace.

Pic of unit attached

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

See that little hole in the cover plate ..... that's for lighting the furnace. You turn the gas valve knob to pilot and push it down and hold it down with a BBQ lighter lite the small flame inside that little hole keeping the pilot knob pushed down. After a minute or so release the pilot knob the little flame should stay lit. Now turn the gas valve on. You should still have a little flame ........ now turn on the ON/OFF switch and turn up the thermostat. The furnace fan will blow cold air for a minute then it will turn the gas on all the way and produce heat. When the furnace shuts off, it will again blow cold air for a minute to cool the furnace off. Goggle the model number and download the manual.

3. OlyUSMC

OlyUSMC New Member

Hydro flame 8012

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.