98 sea pine mattress topper suggestion?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Bestshooter, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Bestshooter

Bestshooter Member

Hey guys ,
    Wanted to see what everyone was doing for either great mattress toppers or a new memory foam bed . I think the front is a king size so not sure what size to order either . What have you used and how comfy is it ?

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

We had to replace our mattresses because mice had gotten to them before we purchased it. I probably would have replaced them anyway since as I get older I find it harder and harder to not think about who used it last. We purchased memory foam and a zippered mattress cover for it. It is a little softer than I would really like but we sleep pretty well on it.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Three inches, four better of memory foam. The 2 we use are over 5 years old and used in 2 different campers. Amazon has a lot of different ones.

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

A standard home king size mattress is 80" long x 76" wide, the "king" bed in your Sea Pine is 77" long x 70" wide. Unless you can find someone who manufactures the custom size you need you'd be better off using a memory foam topper you can trim to size. However the roof likely won't fully close with the toppers sitting on the existing mattress and would have to be removed & stored separately for travel. We used a Novaform gel memory foam topper from Costco on the rock hard mattress in our Freedom Express travel trailer and slept like lambs. [A]

Attached Files:

5. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

We had a three inch topper in our Starflyer and we were still able to close the roof. I had to push on the roof a bit to compress the topper, but it worked fine for many years that way. We bought a standard king topper and cut it down to size using an electric knife.

6. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

We went the inexpensive route, and bought a foam egg-crate topper from Joann fabrics, and then trimmed it to fit om top of the current mattress.
    Would love to upgrade the mattresses, but custom sizes are $$...

7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I found some toppers on clearance at Walmart a couple years ago. Mine are not memory foam - just regular foam. I used an electric kitchen knife to trim them to size. Can't remember the height, but I think they were 2-3". I sleep better in my pup than any bed now. I also put those interlocking foam anti fatigue mats under the mattress. On mine I found the mattress to be overly soft, so my fat butt would bottom out. This combination solved all my sleeping issues, but I cannot keep the bed made when I drop the roof as I am now at the max room available. Bedding gets folded up and stored under the dinette for travel. I use old mattress bags with some luggage straps to help keep them compressed. Works a dream.

8. Bestshooter

Bestshooter Member

Thanks I ended up going with a 3” gel memory foam topper from kohl’s . Gonna try that out