99 Starcraft Meteor Wiring ?

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by gbberton, Mar 6, 2011.

1. gbberton

gbberton New Member

I'm installing a new 7 blade pigtail to my pup's stock wiring harness. The Pup end has 2 black wires, one is heavier then the other. the new pigtail only has one black. my question is what which black wire do I use? And what do I do with the other one? Any help would be appreciated.

2. dackley

dackley 1999 Jayco Heritage Laurel with popout

go to starcraft manual section on this web site for wiring diagram.

3. gbberton

gbberton New Member

I have looked at, but I'm not that good at reading schematics, just thought someone might know why there are 2 black wires.I was just hoping someone on here might have a 99 Starcraft PUP and be able to help.

4. starcrafty

starcrafty Guest

If you have the crazy 8pin rectangular Starcraft wiring harness still in your '99, I think you can wire the two blacks together to go to your 7-blade round. They had a seperate larger black to charge PU battery, and the smaller for the 12V fridge and othe things. The wire colors on the 8pin don't necessarily match up to the new round plug, either, but I'm sure you have noticed that.

5. gbberton

gbberton New Member

All of the wire colors were the same on the new pigtail that I bought from e-trailer and the factory Pup end, just the one extra black wire. So I shoud just wire the 2 black ones together then?

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

yes

7. starcrafty

starcrafty Guest

What Raycfe said. Yes. Did everything else turn out correct when you finished and plug into the TV? Just curious.

8. gbberton

gbberton New Member

The camper is parked at my sons house, so I won't be able to check it till the weekend. So I will let you know then.

9. gbberton

gbberton New Member

I hooked up to my TV today and all lights and turn signals worked just fine.won't know about the rest till Saturday.

10. starcrafty

starcrafty Guest

Good deal!

11. spotter35

spotter35 New Member

We just bought a 99 starcraft meteor and we can't figure out the wiring harness. It's a 7 pin rectangular and no one we've spoken with has heard of it. The guy we bought it off of bought it used and then never used it. We're trying to connect it to a 4 pin but can't find an adapter. Can you help?