After a dry and dusty summer, the curtains needed washing. But like most pup projects, it wasn't going to be that easy. The vinyl glide tape was brittle with age, so some of the glides were torn. So the glide tape needed replacing. Even worse, the glide tape had been sewn on with a huge needle which weakened the fabric. It was pulling apart along the stitching lines, so the fabric couldn't be reused. After doing a lot of looking in fabric stores and online, I ordered new fabric from ThermalWindowCurtains.com. The fabric is 84 inches wide, so I didn't have as much waste as I would have with a narrower material and the thermal material cuts down on the heat coming in through the skylights (I'm hoping it will help keep the heat inside during cold weather also). I didn't want to apply vinyl glide tape just to have the glides tear out again, so I did a little searching online and found the correct glides on a sturdy woven tape at curtain-tracks.com. This is RECMAR 2097 glide tape. The tape is thick enough that I used clips rather than pins when sewing. A jeans/denim needle with a zipper foot worked worked very well. Here's the finished product.