A-frame gets new curtains

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Zephyr, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

After a dry and dusty summer, the curtains needed washing.

But like most pup projects, it wasn't going to be that easy. The vinyl glide tape was brittle with age, so some of the glides were torn. So the glide tape needed replacing.
    [​IMG]

Even worse, the glide tape had been sewn on with a huge needle which weakened the fabric. It was pulling apart along the stitching lines, so the fabric couldn't be reused.

After doing a lot of looking in fabric stores and online, I ordered new fabric from ThermalWindowCurtains.com. The fabric is 84 inches wide, so I didn't have as much waste as I would have with a narrower material and the thermal material cuts down on the heat coming in through the skylights (I'm hoping it will help keep the heat inside during cold weather also). I didn't want to apply vinyl glide tape just to have the glides tear out again, so I did a little searching online and found the correct glides on a sturdy woven tape at curtain-tracks.com. This is RECMAR 2097 glide tape.
    [​IMG]

The tape is thick enough that I used clips rather than pins when sewing. A jeans/denim needle with a zipper foot worked worked very well.
    [​IMG]

Here's the finished product.
    [​IMG]

pasobuff likes this.
  2. wl7cpa

wl7cpa New Member

Awesome, just getting ready to do this as a winter project. The curtains are good but I want to go darker and more flexible. Thanks for the ideas.

3. txjbird

txjbird When Life Seems To Be Full Of B.S. Make Compost!

I need to make new curtains for my Aliner. I'm hoping to reuse some lined very colorful Waverly patterned drapes that I have.

I really dislike those channels. I'm thinking of putting Reflectix in the bubble windows and simple fabric panels that will velcro at the top/bottom of each bubble. Does anyone know if lite weight small standard curtain rods will work on the side's windows?

Jewellann

4. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

If those things fall off, I would replace with a Velcro to stick it.

5. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

I don't know why they wont go outside and watch as your are lowering your sides to see if you have clearance as you lower them.

6. AFramed!

AFramed! Member

2014 Rockwood Aframe. Curtains are Velcroed to wall and unpolstory tacks with snap on matching material tops came factory. Course fabric paper thin..... we will be working on this project as well over the winter months. We have no "channels" in our unit. Posted pics not viewable for me, so I am not completely sure what those are but just thought I'd mention Velcro and tacks came factory....... works perfectly just need better quality material.