Josh snyder

Sep 13, 2021
NORTHEAST OHIO
Hey all!!! So my fiance christene and i discussed her seeing the ocean, she was once married at hatteras and also lived in rota spain during her active duty time. So we decided to get the pop up. I have an 1989 f250 so easy pull as the camper isnt heavy for a 3/4 ton truck. I also installed a decent truck cap. So we tossed a matress back there for the doggo, ( golden retriever, Doot ) and packed up 4 good coolers full of stuff a small charcoal grill. My pop ups grill tank does work, we prefer charcoal for flavor. But we chose to not use the water inside of the pop up, instead opting for a fish table and hose. I used a clip light with 25 watt bulb and tiki jar lanterns for lighting and coleman led lantern for inside and i found a light strip bag and power it with a battery cell rechargeable micro usb style, ugh. So dog cage in back and decent weather we set out. 2 minutes in my brake caliper locks and i limp 2 miles home and we set out in the car get a new caliper, and lo and behold fix the truck. We left from waynesburg ohio at 10:30 am. We drove all the way to beckley, WV and took an hour lunch late. Doggo had to pee badly. We head towards NC and arrive at raleigh durham around 10pm get a hotel for the night. Have a few beers out by the pop up i watch the gas station across from the hotel get robbed by two guys who then proceed to speed away from area, all i could do was laugh. My girl didnt think it was funny and didnt sleep well. I was fine because i always have mine, ya dig, safety first bratwurst. Next morning early we leave and arrive at topsail island surf city family campground, norrth topsail beach NC. Many of you need to check the place out!! We loved it!! Now asides from the time spent beach bummin, we had a great time traveling the area. The pop up through two days of light flooding ocean rains did perfect not a leak and my canopy didnt have any problems with winds, i put low angled at night. The truck cap however did not do as well. Hit some high water and my bed did a light twisting and must have made the two topper skylights pop a little loose, they were dripping down on the doggo and she was actually drinking the runoff!!! Wich was funny!! But needless to say with the ammount of rain i saw at the beach the matress got ruined. Boo!! But thats okay its a glorified dog bed anyhow. Truck had some minor issues as well with high water, actually pulled back two of my spark plug boots and caused my 12v+ line on my rail fuel pump to get a little corroded at the lead, eh 15 minutes with a pair of good pliers and a grill brush and back moving. We got to see carolina beach, topsail beach, surf city, and went to a few house showings. Return trip we saw family in summersville wv.Overall we had a blast on our first pop-up trip ever and made great memories that will last a lifetime.

Josh snyder

Sep 13, 2021
NORTHEAST OHIO
That high water thing.. you'll have to elaborate on that!
Well we were there during a rain event for two days steady ocean down pour led to 2 to 3 feet of water in roadway areas and driving through the water caused my fuel rail pump wire to short out a bit of fraying on the 12+ lead. Wire butt connector and back to good.