A nice weekend trip to Pomona Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by unclemark, Aug 5, 2018.

1. unclemark

unclemark Overland Park, KS

Here is a short video from our weekender on July 27 to Pomona Lake in Kansas.

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Looks like a great park, nice quiet, and peaceful. The dogs really looked like they enjoyed the adventure. Thanks for sharing the video. Good Luck and Happy Camping

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    unclemark likes this.
  3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Hey Mark, were you at Wolf Creek? We were at the State Park last weekend and went over to Wolf Creek to see some friends in the D loop. On the way out we saw your campsite, but I didn't realize it might be you until later or we would have stopped to say hi.

We are at Glen Elder tonight and tomorrow. On our way to Colorado but taking our time and lollygagging along to way. [:)C]

unclemark likes this.
  4. unclemark

Hi Willie
    That was us! We would have loved to see you.
    Enjoy Colorado. We've been to Denver twice this year to see my parents, but we camped just once -- in Wyoming instead of Colorado.
    Let's try to meet up this fall sometime.

kcsa75 likes this.
  5. unclemark

Hey Bill:
    Do you like Glen Elder? We're looking for someplace for a trip at the end of the month, and GE is close to Concordia, which Jerrie Lynn wants to visit for the Orphan Museum. We have a new camper, a 2012 Aliner, which is even cozier than the pop-up was. This will be our first trip with it. Hope all is well.

6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Hey Mark,
    I think you would enjoy Glen Elder, we certainly did. We were there in the middle of the week so it was pretty quiet.

If you're so inclined, there's a little restaurant/coffee place in downtown Beloit called Kettle. Sandwiches were real good and Mary had a cappuccino or something.

20180806_152717.jpg

And while you're in the neighborhood don't miss the world's largest ball of twine down the road in Cawker City and the geographic center of the US near Lebanon, KS. I thought the latter was pretty cool.

unclemark likes this.