A small storage idea on the rear roof hinge

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Anthony Hitchings, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

in our Aliner the rear roof is over the dinette, and on our first large trip
    I was wishing for a small storage cubby (or equivalent) kind of attached to the roof hinge or the rear wall below the hinge - to store small stuff, like pens, small cameras, SB adapters, iphones, cords, odds and ends, when in camp, possibly leave them there while travelling.

The actual design gets a bit complicated because everything is either at an angle or moves with the roof or both.

Has anyone already come up with a solution?

We do not use full with cushions on the dinette seats and so forth, so there is some flexibility. One thing we found is that we like to put our maps and guides in an open-topped tote (or two) and put them in the low roof area (aft of our persons) , so we can easily refer to them in the morning or evening, and lay the maps out on our custom (oversized) dinette table..

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Got a picture or the area? Never been in an a liner. I was thinking soft like canvas or the shoe cubby things attached to some velcro? But not sure on what you want or have?

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Got a Ranger 10, the "Cracker Box" & live a Spartan lifestyle, only 2 of us & a 7lb 'chi; Our dining spot is used as a bunk, we eat off the counters in extreme weather conditions, 99.9% outside...any odds/ends easily fit in one of the drawers in front of the ac, didn't get ours w/ the heater so we'd have more storage...I've seen netting pockets you could maybe velcro as suggested by 9911 maybe?

4. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

yes, we did discuss the notion of netting pockets if nothing else could be done. Which I is likely the case for the upcoming trip of over 2,500 miles via Yellowstone N.P.

Attached is a photo of the hinge area of interest.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Check the 31 website. They have tons of canvas totes and organizational stuff. I have snap round bins for each of us and a pocket to put papers in.