A toilet that will fit?

gardenbliss

Super Active Member
Dec 9, 2013
San Diego
I have the Thetford flush, which I love. I did have to saw a bigger opening in my toilet compartment for it to fit, and I put it on an area rug so that I can easily pull it in and out when needed. I love it. When camping with my family, I just pop up my easy up shower tent and put it in there, right outside the camper for privacy and odor control. I much prefer having my personal toilet outside the camper.

TheBlurb

Mar 28, 2019
I have the Thetford flush, which I love. I did have to saw a bigger opening in my toilet compartment for it to fit, and I put it on an area rug so that I can easily pull it in and out when needed. I love it. When camping with my family, I just pop up my easy up shower tent and put it in there, right outside the camper for privacy and odor control. I much prefer having my personal toilet outside the camper.
Never considered an outside setup, as mine would primarily serve the kids for those middle-of-the-night #1s. I’d love to see a photo of your setup!

GreyFox

Super Active Member
Oct 10, 2018
S Ontario
Looking to buy a portable toilet for my 2004 Jayco QWest 12a.

Anyone know what might fit in my trailer’s potty cabinet?

Question is - where is the porta potti cabinet located in your Jayco? If under a dinette seat then you'll only have enough height for a short potti, if it's a cabinet located along one of the sidewalls you'll likely have sufficient height for a taller potti that sits ~ 17" high.

TheBlurb

Mar 28, 2019
Question is - where is the porta potti cabinet located in your Jayco? If under a dinette seat then you'll only have enough height for a short potti, if it's a cabinet located along one of the sidewalls you'll likely have sufficient height for a taller potti that sits ~ 17" high.
Ah that makes sense. It’s along the sidewall, and it’s the largest cabinet opening in the trailer.

gardenbliss

Super Active Member
Dec 9, 2013
San Diego
I'm going camping in a few weeks and will take a picture. For overnight use, if you have kids, just bring the toilet inside and tuck it in that cabinet or leave it out for the kids. It doesn't smell at all, especially if it's just for #1.

GreyFox

Super Active Member
Oct 10, 2018
S Ontario
It’s (potti cabinet) along the sidewall, and it’s the largest cabinet opening in the trailer.

Google indicates this is your 2004 Jayco Qwest 12A floorplan ...

42Mcn9El.png

... with the potti cabinet shown in this pic ...

6MsQxFTl.png

In order to slide a potti out of this cabinet for use the opening should be flush with the floor. In the past I've had to enlarge both the width and height of the opening behind the cabinet door in order to fit the potti I wanted to use, but it did fit. [A]

59kv5Jkl.jpg

Many years ago we owned a 1998 Jayco Eagle 10UD but sold it after 1 season because the box height was so low - great for towing because I could easily see over the trailer roof when driving but that also meant the interior cabinets were really low, more so than the Fleetwood campers we later owned. Unfortunately it's difficult to tell from this pic just how tall a potti would fit inside that designated potti cabinet in your Qwest 12A but my best guess is a potti 17" tall would fit, 'though you may have to enlarge the opening height a bit.

Latest posts