A TV related SPUT of sorts.

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Aladin Sane, May 17, 2010.

1. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

We got back from our first trip of the season late yesterday afternoon. I unhooked the camper and positioned it in the driveway so I could open it up later and unpack any items that needed to come in the house. I unpacked the back of the truck and was in the garage putting all the assorted widgets back where they belong. I walked out to the truck, jumped in and started to pull into the garage. Just as I was reaching the spot I normally stop at in the garage, I heard a sound that wasn't right. I immediately stopped. I put the truck in park and jumped out, just then I heard the sound of the back window in my pickup topper breaking into a zillion pieces. I had not closed up the back of the topper and as I drove in the garage, the latch handles caught the trim that surrounds the top of the garage door opening. It pulled the piece of trim down, and as the tension was released by the failing trim, the window shattered. Doh!! Stupid window latches.

Other than that, the trip was great.

2. dupreet

dupreet New Member

Ouch!! [:O]

That is an unexpected bite in the wallet - glad you had a good trip otherwise.....I bet you won't do THAT again!

3. Aladin Sane

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure that it won't happen again. [V]

Don't ask me how I know how to replace this piece of glass. In my defense, last time I was backing in to hook up to the boat.

4. dupreet

dupreet New Member

[:D]

5. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Are you two related to Clark Griswold? [LOL] [LOL]

6. Aladin Sane

I don't put up nearly as many christmas lights as my cousin clark does.