AC Not Working

dleeharrison

Aug 15, 2009
I have been prepping our Starcraft Centennial for a trip within the next two weeks. I connected the 30 amp service to a 15 amp service from my house using an adapter that goes from 15 to 30 amp. I have lights in the camper and the Inverter operates - the battery gage show that the battery is 100 % charged. However, when I turn on the AC unit - it doesn't operate nor does the fan. I have a roof vent fan which also works. The unit is equipped with a Dometic AC. We picked up the popup late last fall so this is the first time that we will have the unit out. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!!

jim1999

Super Active Member
Jul 8, 2008
East Central Illinois
1. Make sure the AC unit is plugged in.
2. Make sure the 20 amp breaker in your power center is not tripped.
3. If the outlet the AC plugs into is a GFCI type outlet make sure that is not tripped.

awsandlin

Super Active Member
Mar 3, 2008
If I understand what you are saying, when you turn the AC on, nothing happens, meaning you get no fan or compressor. If that is the case, I would think there must be some issue getting current to the AC. You need to check your breaker. Also, plug the AC unit direct to Shore Power via a heavy extension cord, (this is only for testing and would not suggest running it very long on an extension cord as many are 16 gage or less). If you find the AC works on an extension cord, then that may well but you on the right path to finding your issue.