AC/Roof Maintanance

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by opie232, Sep 24, 2014.

1. opie232

opie232 Member

[?] Anyone have any advice on how to reseal the AC on the rooftop? I have a small leak and would like to know the best way.

2. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Im interested too. I thought they werent sealed, and it was only the gasket that needs replacing fro time to time.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The A/C has a thick foam gasket that should be changed time to time. First thing to check is if the bolts are loose. Remove the ceiling unit and the mounting bolts should be there. If the gasket is three or four years old I would buy a name brand good replacement seal and change it. Plan on resealing the center seam at the same time.

4. opie232

opie232 Member

Thanks. I plan on ordering a gasket today and had already planned on resealing the center seam before falls end.

5. opie232

opie232 Member

For resealing the center seam I found a product called Eternabond. Is this what you would use or is there a factory option I should look into??? [?]

6. Heritage

Heritage New Member

No Eternabond is awesome. Lots of info on the forum about it.