acronym page not readable

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by mountaineerFAN1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. mountaineerFAN1

mountaineerFAN1 Member

Hi, I've been reading a lot of different threads but I cant follow all the conversations with acronyms and abbreviations I haven't learned yet. I went to the forum help area, and when I open the acronym page, it is gibberish code. Is it being redone? Is there anywhere else to look for this info?
    thank you!

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

It does take some time to figure out the language here at the portal. I don't know what's up with that page but here are some of the more frequent abbreviations that are used.
    OP- original poster
    DH- dear husband (the d can be put before w for wife, s for son, d for daughter ect.)
    CG- campground
    PO- previous owner
    DO- dutch oven
    TV- tow vehicle (this one took me awhile to figure out, but context is everything!)
    That's all I can think off the top of my head, hope it helps! I'm sure others will chime in with the ones I forgot. Happy camping, welcome and enjoy the portal!

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Welcome - the acronym page may be one of the ones that got damaged, for lack of a better term, when the website was updated a while back.
    FCFS - first come, first served for camping sites, i.e. no reservations
    pup - popup
    HTT - hybrid camper
    TT - travel trailer