Actual dimensions for Jayco 1207 "beds" anyone???

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by reidsd, May 3, 2011.

1. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

To any and all. We are interested in adding air mattresses under the standard PU mattresses that came with our Jayco 1207. However, I have looked on line for the actual measurements for the sleeping spaces for our PU in order to find the "right" sized air mattresses. I just can't find the measurements. Does anyone know what they are???? We have one "king", one "queen", one U-shaped dinette that converts to a "bed" and then a second non-U-dinette that converts to a "bed". I know that I can set up the PU on the driveway, grab my tape measure and got to it, but given the weather we have been experiencing, I haven't had the right time to do it. I was hoping some member of the portal has already made this mod and would and understand my situation.

Thank you to any and all that respond. I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Scott

2. bitva

bitva New Member

I think it's a king on one end (the front, above the hitch) and a queen on the other. A quick look on the jayco site should tell you for sure.

3. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

Thanks bitva. It is but it isn't. I knew that Jayco called them a king and a queen, but often the PU mattress size is not exactly the same as a regular mattress size. I want to get properly sized air mattresses (airbeds) for under the PU mattress as has been suggested by other PU portal members. We had a nice day yesterday so I actually hauled the PU up the driveway, set it up and took the actually measurements. I had to do this because when I called Jayco itself from work the other day, they told me that they could get me the information, but only after I gave them the VIN number; the model number and year wasn't good enough. Well, all of that information was at home. So up the PU went. Anyway, the queen is actually fairly close to a queen. The king, isn't quite a king but I think a king air bed will work with just a bit of an overhang. The U-dinette is closest to what Coleman calls an SUV/Truck airbed (not quite a twin). The other dinette isn't close to anything. Anyway, now that the PU is set up on the driveway, I can move forward with the airbeds and then some other de-winterizing, cleaning up (spring cleaning).

Scott

4. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

So tell us.... what are the exact measurments?

5. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

Sorry. Didn't realize anyone was actually interested. I have the measurements at home so I will post later today. Stay tuned.

Scott

6. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

Okay, for those that are interested, here are the dimensions, in inches, of the sleeping areas in the Jayco 1207:

King - 77 long x 70 wide (based on slide out; could go 2-3 inches longer)
    Queen - 77 long x 60 wide (ditto on a bit longer)
    U-dinette - 80 long x 49 wide
    dinette - 62 long x 36 wide

Hope someone out there finds this information useful.

Here is my plan: will/have purchase one Coleman 4 in 1 airbed (two twins that lash together to be a king; can't get the king in canada), one coleman queen quickbed airbed, one coleman SUV/Truck airbed for the U-dinette and nothing yet for the regular dinette. Not perfect but it should be an improvement over the standard PU mattresses. We are going to be living in the PU for 24-25 days this summer and on the road for about 14 of those days so I am going to need my sleep!!!

Happy camping.

Scott

Thatslikewhen likes this.
  7. Thatslikewhen

Thatslikewhen New Member

This is very helpful, I just ordered my bedding based on the dimensions you listed. Thanks!