Adapter for Coleman Stove

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by CampAndPaddle, May 22, 2015.

1. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

Hello,

I just bought a 1992 Coleman Destiny Royale and it is not propane equipped. It seems to have a pipe by the hitch that could hook to a 20 lb. tank. It also has a quick connect hose under the galley for the kitchen stove, as well as one in the cabinet near the outside access panel for the outside stove hookup.

My question is: Since I already have a Coleman stove that accepts the small 1 lb. bottles, can I use that with the pop up system and use the 20 lb. tank instead? I think all I need is a 20 lb. tank/regulator on the tongue, and some type of adapter to connect the quick connect hose to the Coleman Stove.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Simon

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Do you have the inside outside stove? This is a low pressure device and the piping and quick connects are for low pressure. Your normal Coleman stove with the 1 lb bottles are a high pressure device. I would not suggest changing the existing piping to high pressure. Take a look at the parts manual for your trailer and you will see the regulator and piping setup. A link to the parts manuals can be found here http://www.campersolutions.com/

If you have the inside outside stove, it would be easy to correct the PO Lp removals and get it back working. If you just want to hook up your Coleman stove to a 20 lb tank, there are common adaptors to do that. Just get the J hooks to mount the tank on the tongue and run the adaptor hose from that tank. Probably should not try and use the low pressure gas lines that are existing.

3. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have the indoor/outdoor stove. It has never been used. The original owner never installed the gas or used the stove. Lucky me. The reason I wanted to use the Coleman stove was just to preserve the new stove as long as possible. If I need to just get a High Pressure hose and regulator and adapt to the Coleman stove for now, to use outside, I might just to do that. Then eventually I will hook up the inside/outside low pressure system to use with the new stove. I have attached a pic of the stove closed. It has 3 burners and can be moved to the outside rack mount. I also have the J hooks for installing a tank to the tongue.

Attached Files:

4. rabird

rabird Howdy!