Adco Conundrum

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by PDieter, Nov 24, 2011.

1. PDieter

PDieter Member

My nu2me pup came with an Adco SFS cover, nice except that it seems to have a light green mold (?) on it and if I cover the pup with it I get a green growth on the roof. (comes right off with 30sec cleaner)

I was thinking of running it through a big washer at the laundromat but the FAQ's on the adco site say no no, just hang on a line and wash with the hose...I don't think this isn't going to cut it.

anybody have any experience like this?

2. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Haven't had this happen yet with my ADCO Tyvek cover. But I think it's wise to follow the manufacturer's instructions before trying something else. They designed and made the cover. They should know better than anyone else. And not following their recommendations would probably void any warranty.

If it doesn't work, you can always go to plan "B".

3. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Have called ADCO and ask them what you can use to kill the mold ? and cleaning by using their recommendation than go to plan B.

4. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Exactly why I went to a 4 ply building plastic. Buy a 25' roll (12' wide) of the stuff, and it's cheap, use it for two applications for the year. The intent for using a cover was go keep the pine sap, staining leaves, bird poop and airborne dirt off the roof when the camper was not in use. This cheap plastic did exactly that, never caused the first problem and after use simply discard into the trash and cut off a new piece.

Here's a pic ... worked great for me.

[​IMG]

5. Richard

Richard Take kids camping. It's great for you and them.

I'm getting a roll of that plastic, thanks for the tip.

6. General Beluga

General Beluga Member

NEVER EVER cover your PuP with plastic or you will end up with mold and condensation forming inside your trailer. The Coleman/Fleetwood manual specifically tells you not to cover the trailer with a tarp for this reason. Plastic is even worse since it is air tight and will not allow air circulation under the cover. Every experienced puper on this forum will tell you to always use a "breathable" cover like the ADCO.