addiction support group

BarbaraFaith

Super Active Member
Oct 15, 2011
It's been 4 months now since our last camping trip. It's been a very hard winter for DH & I. He's had some big health issues, and had 3 hospitaliztions in 28 days, but is now home. It's been unusually cold here, with temps well below zero every night. We don't have our first camping trip til mid May or so, which means camping is just a fond memory.

Yesterday, around dinner time, I went to my local grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. As I'm walking toward the enterance to the store, I happen to look to my left, and there is a large display of bundled up firewood. All of a sudden, visions of sitting around the campfire popped into my mind. We've had a lot on our plates lately with DH's health, and the memories of summer nights around the campfire lifted my spirit.

Lisa0nly

Lifelong Camper
Aug 5, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Barbara glad to her DH is doing better and is home. I've read mentions of this on other threads. Know we are with you in Spirit and prayers.

Will pray for continued healing and strength fro you both!

Lisa

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
100 in less than 2 months, you are well on your way to be an addict for sure! [:D] Welcome to the family.

West Coast Canuck

Jumped to the dark side ......
Mar 3, 2005
Hi, my name is Westcoastcanuck.....I am a Portal Addict....I am so addicted, I went to the dark side......so far I do not not see a light at the end of the tunnel [:D]

bccamper

Jan 27, 2012
The weather got into the 40's here in Michigan Wed. and Thurs...definitely did not help matters. If felt so good...longing for spring that much more.

mainahman

All the worlds indeed a stage
Oct 2, 2009
I'm an addict as well. I can't go a day without talking about camping, and have the Portland up on my second monitor at work every day, also have it on my iPad and iPhone for mobile access!

carlmyatt

Nothing like the great outdoors
Jan 30, 2014
not been on here long but find myself here all the time checking out all the posts .was a paltalk addict another program where you can talk in voice and see each other and text hmmm wonder if a room should be open for all us addicts to talk camping
www.paltalk.com so one start it and invite me and I can live there again also lol

Lisa0nly

Lifelong Camper
Aug 5, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Welcome to the new members of the addiction group!! The first official meeting is in April at Hocking Hills, then MI at Holly recreation area. [:D] [:D] [:D]

[CP] Come as you are!! [CP]

Sdickson501

Sep 14, 2013
Im Sarah, I joined back in September when we bought our pup after a three month hiatus and discovering tapatalk a hour don't pass that I don't check the timeline and usually have a reply to something :) and the other night it really started getting to me, I woke up in the middle of the night confused cause I thought I was in the pup! I really want to go to a rally but im sure dh would think its weird

sent from my samsung galaxy s3 using tapatalk

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
Yep, what Eric said! Rallys are lots of fun.

As for the addiction issue, I'm going to have to check out this tapatalk thing you all keep talking about. I was laying on the couch the other day, laptop on lap, checking portal on my phone, dw's phone falls on me and I look up and ask "any idea where my phone went?". Yep, I think I still have a problem. [;)]

Entertainingly, the wifey isn't into camping as much as I am as a general, and her parents who historically have never really camped have already told us to plan on them joining us for all 3 rallys we are attending this year after they enjoyed the 2 we went to last year.

efehser

Super Active Member
Sep 3, 2012
Jay, Tapatalk is another addiction feeder. You can set it to give notifications every time someone post on a topic. I taken naps and awoke to 25-30 posts from those rally threads we have.

Ryanincc

Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry
Dec 28, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
efehser said:
Jay, Tapatalk is another addiction feeder. You can set it to give notifications every time someone post on a topic.

No joke! I'm sitting on the floor of my garage next to a pup wheel with a white paint pen pecking out the tiny rust spots on my wheels, and I can't stop checking the timeline on tapatalk
apedu8e9.jpg

Tapatalk made me do this

Sdickson501

Sep 14, 2013
Hmm tapatalk 2? What's the difference in that and the other one?

sent from my samsung galaxy s3 using tapatalk

efehser

Super Active Member
Sep 3, 2012
Absolutely no clue. Although, as you can see, I have it on multiple devices.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2