Adding more lights

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Apache05, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Apache05

Apache05 Member

I am in process of redoing my 94 Palomino Pop up. I am going to get LED bulbs I think,which do people prefer or are better bulbs or panels?, also thought about new fixtures. My question is this. I know there are light fixtures with USB ports or so I was told. What I am wondering can I add a new fixture? If so how do you do that? Or to move one? I do not have the sink or stove in mine anymore..never used them in previous one. There is a Light over the non existent sink and would like to move or add one to the bench area on other side so the grandkid can read or whatever and not bother me..lol Anyone done this?

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I replaced my bulbs with LEDs. I got the paddle syle, so all LEDs faced down. Overall I am happy - I got the warm white color, so similar to the bulbs they replaced. They are much brighter though - The two ceiling lights do a good job of lighting up the whole camper on their own.

I added a dimmer control to the bunk lights, which is super helpful. It was really too bright in the bunks at night. I bought all my parts on Amazon.

3. Apache05

Apache05 Member

I dont have bunk lights..one over the table..nothing on other end other than a small one where sink used to be. Was wondering if I could move it to the other side of camper at least where the seat is so grandkid can read or do her art, or I can do something and she uses table.

4. Greg H

Greg H Member

When you say you want the light so the kid doesn’t bother you, do you mean you’re sleeping? If so, ceiling lights are designed with a pretty wide beam, so not sure moving the light would help (at least I’d still be annoyed by it)
    . Have you thought about a headlamp for the kid? If you’re set on another fixture, the ceiling just has styrofoam in it, so you could probably push some fish tape from the new light location to the old one, and pull some wire through to get power to the new location. It’s what people do when they put a fantastic fan into the ceiling vent. Just be sure you don’t run into any cross-braces. Alternately, you could get a battery powered stick on fixture, but even with leds, I’m not sure the battery life would suit your purpose.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  5. Apache05

Apache05 Member

No not in the bunk, the placement of the light on one end of camper is on other side and wanted to move it to side where the bench actually is, its a single the one that is above the table area is a double. That is her end of the camper and thought it would be nice to move it to the side where she sits. Then if I am on the other end I dont have to have the big one on so she can see. Wasnt sure if I could just "extend" the wiring an move it over.

6. lostboy

lostboy Active Member