Advice Needed For New PUP Owner

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Jami294, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Jami294

Jami294 New Member

We just brought home a 1993 Fleetwood PUP. It needs cleaning and some repairs. Where do we start? What are the things we must check and take care of asap? What can we do to make it more comfortable for us all? It is a very basic, small model. No toilet or shower. It has a small sink, stove, dinette, two pop outs, very little storage, several canvas patches. Our sink needs a new diaphragm-what does that mean? The curtains are in shambles. How do I replace them using the existing clips? I believe they are C clips and the curtains are/were sewn directly onto them.

We have 4 boys and are excited for new adventures with them! Thanks for your help!

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

First things to check are tires and wheel bearings, brakes if equipped. Make sure this thing is safe for the road, then move on to checking lift system and mechanicals before worrying about ascetics and comfort.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.53.58 AM.png
    Make a list of things to do in order of importance Do the important things first, one at a time.

4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

After following neighbormike's advice to make it roadworthy, the sink needing a new diaphagm *probably* means your faucet needs to be replaced. You more than likely have a two way faucet. If you're hooked up to a water supply, push down on the lever to make water flow. If you're trying to use water from the onboard water tank, you need to pump the faucet handle to draw water. It may look something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Leisure-Comp...ocphy=9016866&hvtargid=pla-569639166411&psc=1

For your curtains, I had a similar set up on my last pop up. I just used the sewing machine to attach the clips to the curtains.