What would you do?

• Finish improvements

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Sell as-is

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Lucas Barwick

Aug 16, 2020
For financial reasons we just traded our tow vehicle (2019 Highlander) for a minivan with a towing capacity that can't handle our 2006 Fleetwood Bayside. We have done some improvements to it (new floor, memory foam mattress pads, reupholstered cushions, new curtains) and had started on refinishing cabinet doors (rough sanding) but never got around to painting them. I also made a repair to the slide-out. Overall the PUP is in decent condition for its age but I worry the unfinished cabinet doors will be a turnoff to potential buyers. There were also some tears in the canvas at the corner that attaches to the slide out that I repaired with some heavy duty gear tape.

I'm considering selling as-is and taking a bit of a hit or spending some effort to finish the cabinet doors and polish off a few other things but my time is a factor there. I am in the mid Atlantic so camping season will be pretty much over here soon; maybe I just use the winter to finish everything but will that net me a decent amount compared to selling as-is? WWYD??

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Your time and money are more important. I agree to sell the camper as is while the market is still hot. If you waited, the market might not be so favorable.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The selling market is still hot, however the camping season in the Mid Atlantic states. Are pretty much coming to a end, I would personally. Finish the cosmetic touches on it and sell in the spring . Even if the prices plataeu over the winter months ( I doubt it though). you still will make more money in the spring .

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
I'd sell my Viking as is. Primarily because there is nothing that needs repair on it. I have done all the mods I care to do. It is is perfect shape. Maybe I'd fill the propane tank. But that's about it. I think I might do that today anyway.

Chaznsc

Aug 11, 2019
I’m not an expert, but it’s a sellers market. I would list it with. A detailed list of what needs doing and maybe even how that would be done. I believe any money you sink in it at this point won’t give you a return.

I hope you recover from the financial problems soon.