Aerolite Hybrids

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by lbcarr87, Sep 25, 2011.

1. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

Hello all HTT folks. As this season for us and our pop up is rapidly coming to an end I've been dreaming again about moving to a Hybrid.
    I've done some online searching and I'm in love with the Aerolite 232e model. I really like the plan and of course the online photos are gorgeous. Trouble is I can't seem to find a dealer anywhere near me, with one in stock, where I can go take a look at one in the real world. Does anyone out there have an Aerolite, either this model or other aerolite models. I'd love to here some feedback of positives and or negatives about them from real people who have one.
    Thanks In advance for any comments.

2. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

We don't have a hybrid, yet, but have been looking. A good place to start and possibly find one in your neck of the woods would be rvtrader.com. They list all sorts of RV's. Look at the travel trailers and type in hybrid for keyword and enter your zip code. Here in the Dallas area there are quite a few to look at. Good luck.

3. roughin-it

roughin-it New Member

Check out the R Vision 21 ES. My GF saw it at this years RV show in Hershey PA recently. It looks to be the roomiest of any we've seen yet. I think this is the very first year for that model.

Don't be afraid of the price. At the RV show they had a sale price of $19,901 so clearly they are willing to come down in price. That advertised price was from Stoltzfus (sp?) RV in westchester PA. Price should still be good if you tell them that you were at the show and you saw that price, or I can forward you their info text they send out about the specs of it and that price. Show them that and you are in like flint.

below is a link, not the place that would likely honor that price:

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4728983.htm

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

If you haven't looked at these, they have two very similar floor plans to the Aerolite. I think everyone does.

A couple of the deciding features was that the Keystone had breathable Sunbrella for the bunkends not vinyl coated canvas.
    The Starcraft/Jaycos and the Keystone Passport have permanently attached the canvas to the bunk ends, so
    even if you fold up wet, the water doesn't enter the trailer like it does on other makes where the canvas is not permanently attached..
    It also becomes a double seal against water leaks.

Keystone Passport Ultralite 235exp
    http://keystone-passport.com/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=east&model=235EXP

Jayco X23J
    http://www.jayco.com/php/products/floorplans.php?id=393

Good luck on your search.

5. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Hello, Its been quite awhile since posting. Not a lot of free time these days. We have a 2011 Aerolite 185E purchased last fall. After having been able to use it a lot this season, we are pretty happy with it overall. Only really had one issue with a small leak in the fresh water tank. It developed a leak, actually a very slow drip, where the drain bung fitting was spin welded to the tank and it only leaked if you applied pressure to the fitting from the side. The dealer attempted a patch, which did not stop it, and was prepared to replace the entire tank. Instead of tying the thing up for weeks, I heat welded it myself as I had access to a heat welding setup, and reservations already made and paid for every couple of weeks throughout this season. I would bet that is not even a manufacturing issue but a vendor issue. I doubt Aerolite/Dutchmen builds there own tanks. Other than that only general maintenance issues like caulking touch up after winter, which your going to have on anything. I did a lot of looking at dealers and RV shows before trading in our popup last year, and I will put Aerolites build quality equal to anyone else out there, or better in alot of cases in my opinion. I do not have an issue with the vinyl coated canvas, or detachable tent ends. I have packed up in the rain a bunch this year and did not ruin anything in the process. Its a little far from Iowa but the dealer I deal with has a 232 sitting on the lot right now and I know he would love to get it off the lot, I have looked at it but the wife has already laid the law down, she wont let me go September shopping again and the the 185 is big enough for us anyway.

http://www.brooksrv.com/1cub-stock.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

We had a few different popups over twenty years. Keeping bunks ends dry during take down was always a challenge. The latest one we had was a 2007 Fleetwood Avalon with the end of the canvas attached to the bunk slide. That kept out the majority of water. But, there were damp, not wet mattresses occasionally. Also, bugs getting in around the canvas on occasion. In spite of that, we still love the pups we had.
    We camp around every other weekend during the camping season, so we've more than our share of damp bunks.

The sealed bunk ends are what sold me on some of the newer HTT's. With all that we've camped in the past two years, NO damp mattresses at all. No matter whether there is a downpour or gentle rain. Unless of course you left a window unzipped. I definitely like that. Knowing that their are 2 seals when closed up to prevent water damage is also a big plus. Even if water penetrated the outside seal when closed, it would be trapped in the tent area.
    And bugs only get in when you leave the door open, not around the bunk ends.
    Not to mention that wind cannot get in around the tenting.
    And the Sunbrella is a great product. To get it at the same price most others have vinyl coated canvas is a plus.

So, yes the sealed bunk ends are a big deal to me.