After 2 years I hope to get out

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by snoopytrooper, Jul 20, 2011.

1. snoopytrooper

snoopytrooper New Member

After 2 years of no pup or camping @ all I SOSOSOSO hope to get out some time this year . If anything 1-2 trips . I have been out of the camping thing because of my back and hips . After shots in ( it seams like every joint ) I don't need a home health nurse right now . For 6 + months and MRI's / so many shots of med's and even had to have someone come over help me out of bed in the AM and help with a shower and then go to bed . We me and my Dr's finally have my AS ( Ankylosing Spondylitis ) some what under control . Every time I look in the back yard I see my pup and tell her I miss her sosososo much . Its a but HOT here in Kansas now to go camping but when it cools down im sure the hell going to try . It may take me a day to set up camp but im sure going to try . I want smores outside :) a nice fire with good friends . I miss that .

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

We all wish you the best, happy camping, enjoy.

3. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Good luck to you. Hope you can make that trip. I had to go and lie down just from trying to pronounce that name. [RTM]

4. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

from some fellow [o!!!o] ers we hope you are well enough to enjoy your pop up soon :)

5. papachaz

papachaz New Member

i am going through some stuff with my back right now, two surgeries in the past, facing the third. this is why it's taken me almost 4 weeks to do what i should have been able to do in less than one week. one thing i did that might help you is install a power winch instead of the hand crank.

good luck and best wishes

6. maromeo

maromeo Member

I sure hope you can get out soon. You are right about your hot weather. We left AZ in early July it was 108 when we left heading for MN. Two days later we were in Dodge City, KS and it was 113. We thought it would be cooler but it was warmer in KS than in the AZ desert. I am so glad we had A/C. I hope it cools down for you all in the Midwest soon so you can get out and camp.

Keep feeling better. Take care.

Mary

7. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

My uncle is here in Ohio visiting from Tucson, AZ. He can't wait to get back home because he can't stand all of this heat and humidity we're having now.

Good luck and I hope, too, that you can get out soon and enjoy your pup once again!

8. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Hang in there Snoop...you'll be sitting by a campfire before you know it! [CP]

9. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Wishing you the best Charlie.

10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Best wishes to you, and I hope you get a camping trip in once the weather cools down a bit.

11. snoopytrooper

snoopytrooper New Member

Thanks all . If anything I can do camp back yard once to see how I do . I just can't have a fire pit . [CF]

12. pixel

pixel Campers: Nature's way of feeding mosquitoes. Unkn.

I suffer from chronic pain, and would be so sad if I could not go camping. Good luck in finding a solution in getting out there.

One idea: Could you invite neighbors or friends to go, and help do the hard work with the benefit of a great camping trip?

Wish you less pain!!!!!!
    ~Pixel

13. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

This breaks my heart. I hate for anyone to be in pain or poor health, and it's even worse when they can't enjoy the things they love because of it. I agree with the previous poster...any chance a couple of friends or local camp club members could set up for you so you could at least get outdoors and enjoy yourself, instead of being cooped up inside?

14. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Ditto on that. I hope that some members in Kansas can get together to help. I know we have some regional groups at the bottom of the forum but I've never looked at them.

15. snoopytrooper

snoopytrooper New Member

When I do go im going with 2-4 friends so we all can chip in and have it done in a flash . Beer and food always helps to :)