Air conditioner bowed on the inside

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
Ok , just found another post you submitted.
A/C needs to be removed. Soon.
Camper needs to be covered with a tarp until then.
You planning on doing the work? There are videos on the removal process.
I suspect serious water damage to the roof has occurred. Good news, is it’s fixable.
I assume you have the camper back home? Is the raise/lower issue solved?
I think the A/C unit should be removed prior to pulling the camper anymore if at all possible.
Keep us posted/updated, there’s lots of help on the forum for you.

Ladiesman

Super Active Member
Feb 6, 2018
It is just the metal that is bowed. The roof looks fine
Thats what it looks like to me. If it was leaking you would know it. I am no detective but the way that crease looks. I would guess it was bent when they installed it. Everyone wants to assume the worst right away. Make sure the unit is not loose If its not loose and its not leaking put the cover back on I don't think you will be able to push it straight with out taking it down. If it cools and doesn't leak leave it alone.

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
Thats what it looks like to me. If it was leaking you would know it. I am no detective but the way that crease looks. I would guess it was bent when they installed it. Everyone wants to assume the worst right away. Make sure the unit is not loose If its not loose and its not leaking put the cover back on I don't think you will be able to push it straight with out taking it down. If it cools and doesn't leak leave it alone.
Previous OP post noted Leaking. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe someone took a hammer to the A/C.
Maybe there isn’t any problem.
It’s only a 100 lb unit hanging overhead. I just know I would want a through inspection if it was me.