Air conditioning dripping inside

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by kjmpdm, Aug 10, 2011.

1. kjmpdm

kjmpdm New Member

Notice our A/C wasn't dripping off it's usual corner the other day-then walked in to see a small puddle on the floor. Even with just the fan on it is dripping.

What's going on? This is our 3rd camping season with our 2009 Westlake. A/C was installed by dealer at purchase.

Thanks for your help!

2. gsocamper

gsocamper New Member

From prior experience, I do know if your ac filter is dirty it can cause it to drip inside. Hope that is your issue.

3. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

One of two things is hapening. First it could be your outside draine holes are plugged up adn the seal around your AC is not sealing (check bolts holding your AC to roof, and tighten them a bit then put lock tight on the threads to keep them from backing out again), of two you have ALOT of humidity in the atmosphere and inside your pup and its condensation.....no way to git rid of high humidity from the air (place bucket to catch it, and use it to wash dishes with). If not much humidity in the air then #1 above is the problem.

JJ

4. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

Yellowkayak is right on the money.

Had this happen once. Tightened the AC mounting screws under the inside cover (per the instructions). Since then, I never make the camper perfectly level when I set up. 1 degree of tilt to one end and 1 degree of tilt to one side.

This way the condensation won't gather near the ac unit.

No problems since.

JR

5. kjmpdm

kjmpdm New Member

Thanks! Probably a little of everything. I adjusted the tilt yesterday, but we just traveled up to Boston from Philly and the roads could have loosened things up. Had a lot of rain and humidity too, but it was worse last year at Disney. Worried it was something bigger. Appreciate