Air mattresses

happybooker1

Aug 26, 2018
Kingwood Texas
My N2M pop up came without mattresses. But that's ok cuz I used air mattresses in my previous one. So...... what are your favorite air mattresses for pop ups? I think I had an Aerobed and a Coleman in my last Pup, but I'm sure they have improved things since 2006.

Arruba

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2014
Central Oregon
I use a good old fashioned hardware store Coleman in my FWC pop up truck camper. It’s original mattress is nothing more than a piece of foam with a micro fiber cover. I don’t know if it’s my favorite, but it’s what I have and it works. Mattress pads, sleeping bags, cook stoves, and all camp gear has become so specialized and mfgs so numerous that the best one to get is the one that came out right after you purchased yours.

Good luck with your decision.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
WE use our 35-40 years old Thermarests as under-mattresses - they still work fine. We have given up on air mattresses for camping - it got so they leaked far too often.

Sabman

May 9, 2019
suburb of Boston, MA
I bought 3 Rightline Gear truck bed air mattresses for my 1971 Camel at the start of last season. They are very comfortable, durable (thus far) and inexpensive. We have a couple Thermorest and REI air mattresses that (I think) pale in comparison. I initially was going to replace the original Camel bedding with modern RV matresses til I saw the cost.

A-Ranger12

Feb 25, 2020
Western NY
A MegaMat or the LL Bean equivalent work well. I have the Bean version. It's like sleeping on my home mattress. Those are insulated, so no shivering under a blanket as the cold air underneath sucks your body heat.