Alaska Dacha RV Park, Hope, AK

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Jul 28, 2013.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

This is a private CG with full, partial and dry sites plus cabins and a hotel of sorts. They are a little bit of everything, small grocery, laundromat, public shower, LP dealer and clinic for the village. What I really loved about it was how QUIET it was!!! THAT is what I go camping for! It was so quiet, and so laid back. No kegs of beer and music until 4am here!!! Everyone was so nice and respectful and we got to camp next to a fellow PUP'er, which is fairly rare up here.

The sites can be a little skinny, but mostly level and all have some grass. There are joint use firepits throughout the CG. There is no wifi I could find, but supposedly the main cabin has some. The only small thing I have to mention is the shower. As a guest, you get the reduced rate of $4.00 for a shower. At that price, I expect the shower to be spotless, but alas, it could use some work. It wasn't dirty per se, it was just run down. I really like my shower, so this was an issue for me. Also, the showers close at 8:30pm and do not open again until 9am. That wasn't too good for me. They give you the combo to the clinic so you can use their restroom when the main ones close.

But the folks who run it are so friendly, and the site is so nice, I can live with the shower restrictions, I just need to pack a couple more washcloths in the PUP for nightly rubdowns.

Oh, they have a nice BBQ grill in the public area you can use to cook dinner on, which is nice so you don't have to make your grill dirty.

They have 15, 30 and 50 amp service at most sites. Some have water, but not all. The electric only site was about $23 a night, which wasn't bad. Sites were fairly level, I only needed one Lynx to level out.

All in all, I will stay there again. It is now probably my favorite place to stay in Hope.

2. generok

Here's a picture... as I recall, we had just come back from fishing and essentially exploded our waders off and fell asleep. Believe it or not, I think this picture is about 10pm. I went out to tidy the site and take out the garbage and such.

3. generok

[​IMG]

J Starsky likes this.
  4. generok

We stayed again in July 2018, in that very same spot in the new rig. The CG was completely full this time. The shared use BBQ grills are no longer there, but the central fire pits remain. Folks were still friendly.

jnc and emoney like this.
  5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like you had a great time in a nice CG. Good Looking set up. Good Luck and Happy camping

6. generok

July 2019 the place is under new management and now called Coldwater Creek Lodge. RV sites are the same. They rearranged the store and the laundry room. They seem like nice folks.

megcabra likes this.