Alcohol enforcement in Maryland State Parks

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by critter, Sep 5, 2012.

1. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

I like to have a drink or two around the fire too - I've never been asked to quiet down or had any of my gear searched either. While I have absolutely no qualms about having a cold one in the evening while I'm camping, it's strange - maybe my upbringing, maybe my years in Catholic school as a youngster, maybe my risk-averse approach to most things, but I don't like breaking the rules either.

It's wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great if everyone was willing to act their age, and the following three guidelines (applied in both directions) would take care of most of the problems:

1. Don't act like an idiot
    2. Don't act like a jerk
    3. Don't act like you own the place

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

It would indeed be great if everyone followed your three rules. The problem arises when we need to discuss what do we do with them if they don't. So maybe we find the reason they strayed and don't allow anyone to partake in the activities that caused the few to break you three rules. We will just have to assume that what they did caused them to break the rules and then ban what they did.

3. 91Starcraft

91Starcraft Member

I like those rules!

Maybe if the state and federal
    parks had the funding to hire more/ better camp hosts and or Rangers, maybe then they'd have the ability to deal with these situations on an individual basis, instead of using a blanket rule.
    It's like spanking all your kids because one misbehaved.

I guess since they aren't getting the funding they would just charge us more....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Not rules - guidelines. Rules eventually have to be quantified :)

5. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

Nothing really to add to the conversation, other than I've been chuckling all day at the thought of rangers coming over to inspect what's in red Solo cups. It's a good thing that it doesn't matter where we are, because my partner will not drink his milk out of anything other than a red Solo cup when we're camping. I've tried to explain to him that anyone looking will be thinking he's starting his drinking very early in the day, but no dice. LOL

Oh, and yes, I do like those "guidelines". Too bad human nature is such that they could never work out. [:(]