Aliner Classic Batterry and winterizing issue

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Denver007, Oct 17, 2020 at 8:26 AM.

1. Denver007

Denver007 New Member

Greetings! I am very new to camping and towing. We just bought Aliner Classic. While I was towing on highway my battery fall down to the road. Now I don’t have battery. What kind of battery should I use ? Also there is three cable hanging front of camper from last battery I believe they need to go new battery but I don’t know which cable should connect to which side. Please help. Also this camper never used last 6 years by old owner and he never winterized. Now I want to take my family to Arizona for camping what should I look and check on camper for safety before I start driving thanks

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Im not an a liner person but take and post a picture of your wiring in the front.
    To use the camper, you will need to check the dates of the tires, you probably need new ones. Check the bearings, brakes if it has them. You will also need to steralize the water lines. Next you need to have the correct hitch on the camper. Start there. If you never had a camper there is a lot of other stuff to read about before you atually go camping.

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Battery should have been strapped down. The wire connected to the frame, probably white, is the battery negative wire. The other large wire, probably black, should be the positive going to the converter. Other wire may be for brakes and should go to the break-away switch.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

The camper was sitting for six years.There is a lot to check out before you even think of taking it in the road.
    Start with tires and work your way up through the inside of the camper.
    Sounds like you have a lot to learn about how the electrical system work.

Sjm9911 likes this.