Aliner Classic - Need a cover

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by KA1J, Nov 7, 2019.

1. KA1J

KA1J New Member

Hi, I have a 2009 Aliner Classic & my first winter. I need to put some covering on it and don't know what to order. I took some measurements which I'll list here, maybe someone with experience can suggest what size cover I need.

Body width is 6'8" the AC protudes 7" on the one side. so 7'3" including the AC.

length is a 12'3" body, add 7" for the spare tire in the back and it is 15' from the back of the Aliner to the battery; 15'7" including tire & battery.

The battery & propane are on the A frame leading to the ball, both have enclosures so they don't have to be covered. If they are covered, unless the tarp cover has an appropriate taper for the propane & battery it'll be floppy. I suspect the battery/propane enclosures can be exposed & maintain integrity.

With this, what dimension cover should I go for? Snow's a'coming and I'd like to have it tied down & ready with it full of Downy fabric sheets to chase mice.

Thanks all!

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

I've posted this before. Polypropylene, which degrades quickly in sun light, is a terrible material for a cover.

DO NOT get this from eTrailer:
    Classic Accessories Deluxe PolyPro III Heavy-Duty Pop-Up Camper Cover - 10' - 12' Long
    Item # CA80039

It has a 3 year warranty, but did not make it 2 years. I'm conversing with eTrailer now. I sent them pictures to show the fabric failures. They wanted me to send it back to be repaired. There is no repairing this, since all the "fabric" is turning to powder. You need a respirator to put it on and off. They finally conceded to send a new one. Don't know if I want another one like it. Another thing about this cover. I can put a solar panel under the cover, and it charges! I know that it is doing nothing to stop sun damage, if it can run a solar panel through it.

3. Econ

Econ Active Member

Get something silver in color. Silver has high resistance to light penetration.

4. KA1J

KA1J New Member

Glad you mentioned Polypro III, I was considering those. I just don't know what size to get. I suppose I could get a tarp and use that but one form fit to do the job would I think be better.

Silver beter in color? I need to know a size and brand to order for an 09 Aliner Classic. The Poly III is easy to find on Amazon but if it's junk long term, I need something else.

5. KA1J

KA1J New Member

Anyone happy with the cover they bought?

6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

The PolyPro III Heavy-Duty Pop-Up Camper Cover - 10' - 12' Long fit our 2018 Scout (12' box) ok. It was long enough to cover the spare tire and battery case. I ordered a National Cover 10' - 12' #EXPU1012 and it is polypropylene, also. It's still in the box.