Aliner National Rally

Discussion in 'General Rally Info' started by Econ, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Econ

Econ Active Member

I am getting the impression the Aliner National Rally is primarily an opportunity to eat. Is that the main attraction? Secondarily is the social aspects. Can anyone confirm this? Understand Aliner didn't attend this year.

We have turned into health food people in the last few years and have totally abandoned the Standard American Diet. Lost 75 pounds in 10 months and kept it off for years.

Thanks

2. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

Congratulations on losing your excess weight and keeping it off. We are lean (both of us are BMI 21) and find we don't cook much when we go to rallies. The pointy camper folks don't have a corner on lots of food at their rallies. There has been lots of food at the rallies we have attended with other groups as well. We choose from what is offered and plan ahead with what we eat the rest of the day.

I would not say food was the primary focus of the Williamsburg rally last May. The rally days were Sunday through Saturday (5 full days plus arrival and departure days) and included 3 evening meals and a farewell Continental Breakfast. The Welcome Tea Party did include cookies and we took snacks or chocolate to the his and hers party time gatherings one afternoon. As I recall, the registration form asked for information on any dietary restrictions which included vegetarian, gluten free and other.

The North American Rally always includes lots of seminars during most days and entertainment at night. This year's seminars included:
    demo cooking with multi-cookers
    craft projects
    intro to your new camper
    reading the weather
    single traveler's discussion
    building better balance (an exercise class)
    Do It Yourself
    Dream trip to Alaska
    bearings, seals and brakes
    what you need to know about tires

As always there were vendor row and the opportunity to tour other campers.

The Columbia Northwest representative did have to cancel, so we didn't have the "talk with the factory" that is usual. I think the Hershey RV Show was the conflict. We did have the usual display of new campers and a representative from a local dealership was available to answer questions at times.

If you are concerned about adhering to your new diet when attending a rally, you can always inform the wagon master when you register.

3. Econ

Econ Active Member

Thanks for the info. My BMI this morning was 18.7.

I would rather they offer a "no food" option. They couldnt come close to fullfilling our diet.