Aliner North American Rally? Anyone Going?

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Lonewolf55, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Lonewolf55

Lonewolf55 Going NoWhereFast

The Aliner Owners Club is having their yearly "All regions" rally near Colonial Williamsburg, VA. Anyone here plan on going. I've got reservations at a nearby "passport America" campground and plan to drop in a few days at least. I have sent in my fees. If you want to learn about Aframes, they have them all. Any Aframe owner is invited to join, it doesn't need to be a n Aliner. (We understand people make mistakes)..LOL

Rick

2. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

We are interested in an Aframe rally, but that one is a 2,600 mile round trip. We'll have to wait for something closer.

3. Lonewolf55

Last years Rally was in Illinois !!
    You must Join the Aliners Owners Club... its $25 !! Here are 2 near you... join and get participating ! https://alinerownersclub.org Any Aframe can Join !

2nd Annual Winter Rally
    Roseville, MN
    When:
    Saturday, January 12th, 2019, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
    Where: Roseville, MN 55113
    Lunch will be provided and served promptly at 1:00 pm.
    2019 Fall Rally – Leaf Peeper IV
    Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
    When:
    September 12–15, 2019

Byrd_Huntr likes this.
  4. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

Make that Shipshewana, Indiana, last year. We'll be at the Williamsburg rally next May.
    To join the club you need to have an A-frame camper, but you may continue your membership if you switch to another kind later. Most of the website Rick linked can only be viewed by members, but you don't have to be a member to see the calendar page. I've seen people camp at the same campground the same weekend of a regional rally and join the club that weekend.

5. Lonewolf55

Okay, The deadline is approaching.... Just saying, it's going to be fun !

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

We are members. This will be the first fall we can go. I retired in 2016, but my wife recently semi-retired from her position as a grade school teacher.

7. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

This rally isn't in the fall. It is May 12-18, 2019.

8. KeepsakePaps

KeepsakePaps New Member

You betcha! Only 20 miles up the road. Just bought a new-to-me 2004 Expedition XLE in October. Never even camped in it yet! NAR will be my first trip in it. Never been to a rally but looking forward to it. Been RVing for 30+ years. Moved backwards from motor home, to two travel trailers (still have/use the 35 footer {my other 'baby'}!) and now hopefully purchased another simple trailer. If you're going, I'll see ya there!

9. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

A rally 20 miles up the road is a great way to start. Our maiden voyage was to a rally a lot farther away. Registration for this one is closed now. We'll see you there.

10. slcCamper

slcCamper New Member

Are there any rallies out west? I am going to be in SD the week before the one at Pactola Reservoir, but won't be able to make that one.

11. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

The NAR sold out before we could get a spot but there are still sites available at the pre-rally on May 10-12 at the Newport News city campground. Newport News is about 30 miles from the rally campground. The AOC site has more details.

12. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Went up to Claytor Lake state park for the day this morning, cruised through the campground & saw an Aliner, folks were from TN, they were on their way back from the Rally, said they had a blast...

13. KeepsakePaps

KeepsakePaps New Member

It was my first rally and first trip ever in my new-to-me Aliner. It was indeed a lot of fun and, for newbies like me, very informative with the seminars. (At the maintenance seminar, one lady got so scared at potential 'what ifs' that she grabbed her cup and left!) Great exchange of ideas and meeting all new people for me, which I love. Surprised Aliner reps skipped the national rally but guess their speil would have just been a sales pitch versus 'how to' approach, which I looked forward to. Kind of disappointing. Bingo, storyteller, and in-character talk were all great. Live 30 miles away, so skipped the sightseeing and 'bonded' with my Aliner instead. Next national is in South Dakota @ Mt Rushmore. Doubt I'll be driving that far but know those who do will enjoy. Hope you had a nice day at Claytor Lake!

Yacoma99 and Rik Peery like this.
  14. Haag Haus

Haag Haus New Member

15. Haag Haus

Haag Haus New Member

Thanks for your tip about the PopUp Portal. Apparently I had signed up in the past and was able (with some difficulty) to log in. We indeed had a great time and do plan on attending the NAR at Mt Rushmore.

Rik Peery likes this.
  16. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Great meeting y'all, glad you could get back on the site!

17. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

Glad to hear you enjoyed the NAR! We met at the pre-rally in Newport News, you sat next to my DW at the dinner (the one I didn’t get, Lol). Keep on camping & we hope to meet you again.

18. KnickE&S

KnickE&S New Member

Sorry we missed it!!! Williamsburg is not far for us so definitely something we could next year!

Rik Peery likes this.
  19. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Next year’s national rally will be in South Dakota but there are lots of regional rallies.
    Alinerownersclub.org

20. jeicher

jeicher Member

Not really surprising, just another example of modern business. CNW being owned by an equity company whose main interest is in profit rather than the product is typical. They may know business practices from a financial point of view but fail to understand the small RV business and the customer value of attending such events. In my opinion, the thing that keeps Aliner from "going down the tubes" are the dedicated employees and a few key staff people leftover from the old Coleman factory that actually camp themselves and understand the real value of the product and being out there with the customer.