All HAIL Broke Loose!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by lodost45, Aug 10, 2009.

1. lodost45

lodost45 Member

Sunday morning Aug. 9th we were sitting at Black Hawk State Park when we experienced the worst hail storm I have ever been in. Anything from softball size down to pea size with 40-50 mph winds. It sounded like someone had set of numerous packs of firecrackers with the occasional aerial percussion bomb when one of the big ones hit the roof of the pup.

No damage to my pup's side since my door was facing west and the awning was out which protected the side the storm was coming from.. I guess God Bless the ABS roof. However the Chevy Blazer got nailed a few times.

Spent the rest of the morning helping fellow campers cover roof vents that were shattered. I had a couple of people just shake their heads in disbelief when they saw there was no damage to my Coleman.

Don't want to go through that again for a long time!

2. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Glad you were safe and no damage. I hate to be out in hail storms. Once, my car was stuck out in one like you experienced and we lost three windows and the insurance company totaled the car because of the dents.

3. TexasCamperMom

TexasCamperMom New Member

Glad nobody was hurt. We have had a couple of cars with thousands of dollars damage after hail storms as well. They can be really nasty.

4. wardog

wardog Member

I'm glad you were ok. I would have been terrified going through that kind of storm in our PU. We live in Texas so we are quite accustomed to the bad hail storms but I sure don't like being out in them.

5. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

love the title of your post but hate that it happened.........glad damage was minimal to your PUP..........SCmomma