All I need now is a few more rods...

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Hoosier Daddy, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

A friend of ours lost her Father a while back. When the DW went there to visit, she sent home a box with some of her Dad's "old fishing stuff" because she knew I fly fished.
    DANG!

[​IMG]

7 closed face casting reels, 4 being old Johnsons and what looks to be the nicest quality Zebco I have ever seen.
    4 open face spinning reels. One little micro with it's box showing a $56 price tag, that was assembled wrong and didn't work. BUT the manual was in the box and I cleaned, lubed, and reassembled properly and it's now 6 ball bearing smooooooth.
    4 fly reels, one being an old South Bend auto-winder with box and instructions.
    Even an 50's vintage stainless Humphery 3A! [:D]
    Along with that more fly tying equipment for my hobby... 3 vices, bobbins, tweezers, a half dozen pair of scissors, and more tools.
    Plus enough line to last me quite a while ranging from 2 lbs leader up to 40 lbs test braided.

Cleaning and lubing these all up ought to keep be busy for a while. Now to hit up some garage sales for a few old rods.

2. jeanmariemc

jeanmariemc New Member

I don't fish so have no idea what all that is but I do understand a jackpot. I'm sure her dad would love that they went to someone who appreciates them!

3. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

One word - Sweet! [:D]

4. GMD

GMD Member

Very nice! You are fortunate to have a friend that is thinking of you. She knew you would use and take care of it. So every time you cast a line in the water for the first time, it's for the friend and her father.

5. Hoosier Daddy

Karma is good to me, I had just passed forward my Step-Dads Jennings 25th anniversary compound bow to the DSIL. [;)]

6. campfreak

campfreak Well-Known Member

What happened to all his rods? A lot of these reels are perfect kid reels, too. Take some kids fishing, or maybe donate some to an organization that does.

7. Hoosier Daddy

You're on it ... With 5 grandkids they'll get good use!

8. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Nice score. I bet she was glad someone could us it. I bet he'll be looking down upon you as you fish.