Allentown PA Show

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by electrician549, Jan 8, 2014.

1. electrician549

electrician549 Member

Has anyone been to the Allentown show? It is a 2.5 hour ride for us but it may be worth it since the Maryland show has so few dealers and limited manufacturers.

2. arffch

arffch Member

There's a show in allentown? When? Where? That would just be another excuse to go and see Dad :)

3. Tribble

Tribble New Member

There's a big show up by Harrisburg every year too.

4. electrician549

electrician549 Member

5. electrician549

electrician549 Member

It looks like the Harrisburg show is either part of the Farm Show or Grumbines. I would like to see multiple dealers and manufacturers.

6. Tribble

Tribble New Member

Oh crap lol, i was thinking of that crazy car show just south of H-burg.

7. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

That would be Carlisle...

The big RV show in that area is in Hershey.

8. flytyer

flytyer Member

Looking forward to the Allentown show tomorrow since it's supposed to be 60 degrees. I try to look at the PUPs but by grandson needs to sit in the driver's seat of the big motorhomes. And my DW can't wait to get to the Farmers Market next door. It's not a big show but I can get all of the new campsite brochures.

9. electrician549

electrician549 Member

We have decided to go tomorrow as well and make a day of it. We have never been to a Cabela's and will stop there as well, thanks for the heads up about the farmers market. Even though we live in Maryland we enjoy camping in PA and are looking forward to seeing what new campgrounds we can find.

10. nycamper77

nycamper77 New Member

Great show they had at least 8 pups there plus a frames and teardrops. I really liked the highwall pup and the somerset. Didn't get to look outside as it was pouring but all in all a great day.

11. n2cruzn

n2cruzn New Member

THE LARGEST SHOW IS HERSHEY PA yes all in caps if you cant find it here they dont make it, stay over night to see all the seminars. i bought my pup from there. got a good price, but had to tow it back (border of MD) to ny. wear comfortable shoes. the arena alone and surrounding mezzanine level are all "stuff vendors".

looked at this link TOO LATE 1/16 allentown is over [:(] [:(!]

12. NJ pup owner

NJ pup owner New Member

n2cruzn,

May I respectfully disagree about Hershey RV show? The wife and I went to see popups. Last visit were probably 6 to 10 pups total and they needed 3/4 ton or greater trucks to pull them. We hoped to see Livin Lite Quicksilver line but not ONE was on the grounds. If we wanted to see audacious behemoths or busses we would have been overwhelmed with choices. Hard sided TTs were well represented and so were innovative unusual camping solutions. Bereft were trailers that could be pulled by a average auto without destroying the transmission.

Twice we left Hershey feeling like we were ripped off for the admission price and the five hour round trip. I too believed the same as you about everything for every camper but two trips to Hershey with the same feeling while leaving will make us reconsider making the pilgrimage until either our needs change or the show complexion changes. I realize the exhibitors pay a kings ransom to rent space and need to sell high profit items to recoup investment quickly is the reason for no pups.

Camping for us is more about being outdoors (tent-like) than having the small pictures on the wall of my portable house change (windows in a TT that the view changes when we relocate). A modicum of roughing it is a pleasure too.

John from New Joizie.... :)