Alpine, Az

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by parahuvians, Feb 2, 2016.

1. parahuvians

parahuvians New Member

So i'm getting a jump on my summer camping plans and I was wondering if anyone has been out to the Alpine area, if you have any recommendations. I've been looking online at different campgrounds like Diamond Rock Campground, and Hannagan Campground.

2. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Come up with any ideas yet? This is one part of AZ we haven't explored a lot of yet. Sure looks nice though as one digs around on the net about it. One of my problems as of late is the loooong drives to places anymore. Anything much over 4, 5 hours tops and I am having second thoughts.

3. parahuvians

parahuvians New Member

not sure yet but er're definitely going to make the trip...anywhere else in Az is just way to crowded.

4. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Crowds...one reason I really like some of the sky islands of south eastern AZ The Phoenix crowd rarely comes down that way and there are a lot of nice places. Arizona's getting worse and worse though for the ants of humanity. Everyone is figuring out how nice it is here and pouring in....sucks.

5. JustinD

JustinD New Member

quit telling them that it's nice down there !

6. William (Bill) Jonas

William (Bill) Jonas New Member

We stayed at the Coronado trail rv camp ground south of Alpine on hwy 191, nice folks, had discount for cash when we were there about a year ago, a lot of nice restaurants, Luna lake and Luna lake campground (dry camp I believe) lots of elk, bike trails, etc.