Am New Member of The Hybrid Family

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Bicycle Menace, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Bicycle Menace

Bicycle Menace New Member

Good day everyone, it's that time of year when its cold outside and you get that warm feeling in your stomach that says, "hey, I need a new camper." That has been in my stomach since October. Had a budget in mind and there was one or two around it that would be considerable, but just didn't say this is the one. Then there were others that after one look, nope, not it.
    Then, I see one that's possibly the one so jump in the truck and away I go to look at it at the big RV lot. No salesperson even acknowledges that I'm there, but find it and it's sold. So that was not the one for me, bye-bye Trailmanor. So go to other RV dealers in the neck of the woods. First one had just brand new travel trailers, way out of budget and the other one had Goldilocks, just right. It was a 2016 Shamrock 17 hybrid. Sales guy met me on the lot and I asked if he had anything used and to look and see what he had. He mentioned he had a hybrid, so I was like, let's look at that one. He took me around the lot and there it was almost buried in snow, got to love camper shopping in Colorado. He opens it up and we step inside and it was immaculate. No water or ice running down the wall. Everything seemed to where it should. I eventually made an offer on it, and the dealer didn't bite. It was out of budget, but had no idea what the dealer wanted for it since I didn't even know this dealer existed. After much thought, I made another offer, no good. Ok, I figuredt this is the one so I'll bite and offer what the salesmen suggested. They accepted that offer, and long story short, I now have a Shamrock 17 in my drive way, waiting for the weather to get nice so I can start getting it ready. In all my searches, there is not a lot of information on these little guys. My dad found that there is problems with the bed end sealing comes loose, which this one had, but the dealer took care of it. If there are any owners past or present, will love to hear your thoughts about the Shamrock 17.
    Thanks for reading and happy trails.

2. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Enjoy the new acquisition!

3. Bicycle Menace

Thank you, am getting excited about the trips to come.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

There nice , i dont know much about them. Just when i was looking , they poped up. Good luck with it, pictures please, when it gets nicer out!

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Congrats on the NTU unit, you will love it. Good Luck and Happy Camping

6. joet

joet Well-Known Member

You will enjoy it

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

8. Bicycle Menace

Just a bathroom, a/c and fridge is a big upgrade from the popup that I had. Saw the brochure and floorplans of the units. Seems like there is not much about the 17 as far as reviews and such (at least that I can find).

9. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

congratulations on your new to you Shamrock! I have a Shamrock, but not a 17 - it is a 2016 Shamrock 23WS. Getting ready to Start our 4th camping season with it and we are very happy with it. also, the Rockwood brand is a twin brand, made on the same line - the only difference is names, fabric/colors....so what goes for the Rockwood applies to the Shamrock.

You should also look into popup gizmos (PUGS) for your tent ends - they help with temperature control and keep the tenting clean.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  10. Bicycle Menace

Thanks for the input, will have to look into the gizmos for sure.

11. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the portal!

12. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

There's lots of information on them, if you know where to look.
    The best place is the Roo/Shamrock sub-forum, at Forest River Forums. It's where the most Roo and Shamrock owners hang out and help each other.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/