An almost tempting TT

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by BillyMc, Oct 5, 2020.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

The Grey Wolf 19 SM is pretty close to a TT I wouldn't mind owning. Shorten it to twin over twin and make the bunks fold up for storage of bikes or other large toys. Really like the hard slide out bunk. It shortens the TT quite a bit for those tight corners in some campgrounds, but still more camper than I want. Forest River shorten this thing 2-3 feet and put in on a diet to loose 1000-1500 lbs and you'll catch my eye. It's even has the aluminum siding I like.

grandpa mikey likes this.
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Look at the Outback 21RS.. the front bunks are single over single, and I identical floorplan to the Grey Wolf.

3. BillyMc

Thanks, looks like it's been discontinued or replaced by the 210 URS.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Just do it... you know you want to! [}:)][}:)]

J Starsky and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

4800 dry isnt that bad. Pack light!

6. Sjm9911

Oh ,and if you do exactly as you say , you have my camper, lol. Although i think its just 600 lbs lighter. It does have a rear king slide though.

neighbormike likes this.
  7. BillyMc

Mostly researching for some time between now and 2029. We'll both be retired and all the kids should be done with high school. What ever we get will be all hardside as we don't want to run into the situation where we want to stay somewhere, but soft sides aren't allowed. Top of the list is a Trailmanor 2720QS. It only has two things that keep it from being our perfect camper. 1) Having to pop up to use limits the overnight in a parking lot option while travelling. 2) Would much rather have aluminum siding. Just caughed up $8k for a new roof and in the middle of a $30k solar addition to the roof, after tax credits it's under $20k. Still remodeling this 50 year old house as well, so added debt is not in the cards right now. That said if the right camper for the right price pops up I ain't scared to jump. Only money and only live once.

grandpa mikey and neighbormike like this.
  8. BillyMc

It is clear you haven't met DW. She buys in bulk and packs the same. A three night trip requires at least five changes of clothes and enough food to feed two families for a week. At any given moment we have two or more cases of toilet paper. Until the great corona TP shortage I would complain about it. I had to eat crow and was thankful to be able to wipe throughout the shortage.

kcsa75 and neighbormike like this.
  9. Sjm9911

Then its good it has 2600 lbs for cargo[LOL]

BillyMc likes this.
  10. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

11. Sjm9911

Thats pretty much the same as mine. I think mine is 4200 empty. I have to look it up. Tbh, a great set up and way bigger then it looks. Plenty of room for 3 or 4 people. Wish i had a side slide now, but even without it you can cook and get by one another. And it will have room for the stuff the wife brings. When closed its still big, but not much longer then the biggist pup. If you look used, or new next year you may find a good price. I find i dont use the flip up bed bunk for bikes, i store the grill, griddle and outside matt there.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

X2 on not flipping up the lower bunk, it stores my bags of Lynx Levelers and bbq (near the bike door) two folding tables and 4 camping chairs ( 2 for the dogs and 2 for their humans).. under that bunk stores the camp stove, 2 milk crates of stuff, ez up, the 7ft board I use with the Lynx Levelers, led lantern and some other stuff.. top bunk has another milk crates of stuff, screen tent (only use it if we are camping 3 days or longer) , aquatainer and the folding dolly fir it, folding ladder and lastly there is just enough room for 2 carry on sized suitcases

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Active Member

The 19SM is at the top of my wife's short list. We also like the Wolf Pup 17JG. That model has the folding bunk for bike storage plus a nice U-shaped dinette in a slide. It doesn't have quite as much storage as the 19SM but it's do-able. If they could somehow merge these two models together we may have the perfect trailer. I tend to like the Black Label models with the fiberglass exterior more than the aluminum sided ones.

I have also looked at the Outback 210URS. It would suit my needs but the wife likes the larger capacity of the 19SM. Also, the only dealer in my area who sell the Outbacks is General RV, who I have heard nothing but bad things about.

14. BillyMc

Looked at that one too, but it's about the same length with less room and reduced sleeping area. I do like the lower weight. Don't care for the fiberglass, I've seen too many delaminating.

15. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

I have the Jayco X213, We love it, can be tongue heavy, definitely more than the 450 lb. The flip up bunk for storage is great and so is the King bed. The nice thing is that the washroom, kitchen and bed is usable when closed for those on the road overnight sleeps...or for that matter, having a washroom if you are stuck in traffic. Ask me how my wife loved that feature when we were stopped in traffic for 3 hrs due to an accident. It has a 4400 dry weight and GVW of 5500 lbs

neighbormike likes this.
  16. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Active Member

The wife and I looked at the Jayco X213 this past weekend. This may be our perfect camper. She was ready to sign the papers right then. Once we get our new Gladiator we'll see where that leaves us, budget-wise. This might just be the one.

17. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Just food for thought... looks like a Gladiator has a towing capacity of up to 4500 lbs.

xxxapache likes this.
  18. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Be sure to look in the door of the Gladiator your are considering and check out the payload capacity.

19. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Active Member

We ordered this one with the Max Tow option. Good for up to 7650 pounds. Looks like these trailers all come in at around 5000 pounds or slightly under. I've been doing a lot of research on this as this may be the last car/truck that I ever buy.

neighbormike likes this.