Andersen Level Cracked...did I do something wrong? UPDATE!

tzmartin

Not here for a long time but here for a good time!
Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
So, tonight was the second time I've used my practically new Andersen Leveler. Maybe 3 months old? I practiced with it in the driveway the day it arrived and it worked great. Put it inside the camper and haven't set up with it until tonight. I set it up tonight and the darn thing cracked all the way through when I pulled the camper up on it. Did I do something wrong? Is the plastic defective? I loved my BAL leveler but went with the Andersen because all the great reviews.

I see big travel trailers use these all the time. My pup ain't that heavy. I don't know where the box is. I'll contact andersen and see if they'll do a warranty exchange.

IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1523.JPG

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Wow, I would think it's defective. It probubly will not hurt to use it like that in the short term. But it will most likely crack more in the future. Take it back if you can. It's supost to support weight, and there not cheap.

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
There wasn't a small rock between the Andsersen and the plywood, was there? If not, possibly a manufacturing defect.

I have a set. They do have a lifetime warranty, but you'll have to pay shipping unless the vendor you bought them from will do an exchange.

Sorry that happened. I love them! Easiest way to level left to right for dual axle rigs.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Wow that's nuts. I've had mine for two seasons now and it's been dragged, dropped, sunk into ground, overall beat up and it still does its job just fine. My popup weighs 3500 pounds so on the heavier side as popups go. I wonder if there was a manufacturing defect with that particular one. i keep mine stored when not using it in the camper front trunk. Only pull it out if I'm at camp.

tzmartin

Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
No rocks. I laid the wood down from my storage shed so there wouldn't be troughs in my grass. Really weird. I paid about 40 bucks for this thing. Just sent a note to the customer service folks. Don't mind paying shipping. I like the product.

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
I’ve had mine for 3 years. They were used and purchased through Craigslist from a previous owner. Not sure how long he had it. He used them on large trailer.

Must be defective.

Good luck.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

Spaceace5150

Oct 1, 2014
Wow, clearly must be defective as these are supposed to support the big campers.

They should step up and replace without you paying shipping. You already paid to have it shipped once.

myride

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 14, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Clearly a defect. ..contact Andersen and I'll bet the do right by you.....I'd even drop the notation your on the portal and other social media sites IF they press you for shipping....the pic should be enough proof. I've had mine 3 years now without a problem.

Fbird

Sep 10, 2017
Ferndale MI
Start reading reviews, that's more common than you would think. Anderson themselves will normally charge shipping. If you cgo through who you bought it from they may not. There's a company on Amazon making one and even claim theirs won't break like the others.

tzmartin

Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
Here's an update from Andersen:

"Hello, Yeah I'm sorry this happen. If i can get your address i can get taken care of for you. Thank you

- Thank you for contacting Andersen Hitches
- Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Ruben Abreo
– Customer Service"

So this is looking good. We'll see when it is delivered.

tzmartin

Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
Here's some pictures of the new one next to the broken one.

Attachments

• WIN_20180814_12_49_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180814_12_49_32_Pro.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 38
  • WIN_20180814_12_49_39_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180814_12_49_39_Pro.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 36
  • WIN_20180814_12_49_44_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180814_12_49_44_Pro.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34
  • WIN_20180814_12_50_02_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180814_12_50_02_Pro.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 35

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
Nice to know there are still companies that hold up to their promises instead of trying to squirm out of the warranty. Glad you got the replacement in time for the next trip.
Good Luck and Happy Camping

Riveyman

Apr 15, 2014
NC
Just got back from a week of camping. Had the worst site ever, very un-level. Wish I'd had these to get the camper level. Seems to me, with the good customer service you received, I'm going to get some.

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
Bought my Andersen from someone on this site. Used for 3 or so seasons now and they work awesome. Glad to see that when there is a problem, they stand behind you. I've only used my Lynx leveling blocks once (for leveling anyway) since getting the Andersen, and that was with a really unlevel site (6+ inches side to side)