I have been thinking about doing a backside awning for a while, so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't want anything real complicated, or hard to assemble/disassemble, and I wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible. I also didn't want it to stick out like a sore thumb. I have seen a few others on here that have done one, took some cues from theirs, and came up with my own. Several years ago a very heavy rain caved in a 10x14 canopy I had. The frame was all bent up, but the top was fine. As luck would have it I kept the tarp thinking I might use it later, plus it was tan and looked nice against the pup, first problem solved. I took the original canopy, cut the middle out and seemed it back together so I could keep the edges intact. The original piping on the edges sets it off I think. I added velcro along the entire top to attach it to the inside of the roof. It's easy, strong, and no hole in the roof. The nice thing is it can stay in place, and fold up with the camper. Next I had to figure out how to hold it up there. I liked the idea of using the PVC pipes and fittings, but have a little different configuration than the ones I've seen on here, so I made a modified version of another. On the top, I used several elbows and made a fork that goes around the lift posts, and up under the roof lip, to keep it from pulling away. The bottom is similar but hangs on the edge of the wall and goes around the lift post as well. I decided to go the bungee route, that I had seen someone use before, for simplicity. The only problem was, I had nothing to grab on to under the bunk with a hook. I found these really nice low profile brackets at my local ACE hardware, and mounted them underneath. They hold the hook end of the bungee nicely. The other end of the bungee is attached through a hole drilled into the inside top of the support pole. I couldn't put it in the elbow fitting because of the overhang of the awning, so I had to drop it down a few inches, but it works fine there. You can also see in that picture how I attached the awning to the poles. I sewed three velcro loops down the length of the awning, that wrap around the pole. You can't see it in the picture, but at the elbow at the end, opposite side of the hole for the hook, there is a strip of velcro there too, to hold the awning from sliding up on the poles. To finish it up, I seam sealed everything, and gave it a good waterproofing. All in all, I am real happy with how it came out. If you are sitting in the pup at the dinette, it hangs just right so you can still look out unobstructed. It really is easy to put up and down, The only thing I need to store is the poles, which come apart in the middle at the elbow, so they can lay flat, and the bungees. It got a good testing too, as I had it up yesterday, and it was very windy out all day. It never moved an inch. The only thing I would worry about is severe storms, I would take it down for them I believe.