Another converter question (magnetek 6415)

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by mercer, Feb 23, 2017.

1. mercer

mercer New Member

Just picked up a 1995 coleman cedar and going thru it to see what works and what doesnt. Previous owner never utilized battery side. I did find and download the manual/schematic for the converter but finding one issue for sure. On the DC side, the schematic shows the red for battery pos and white for negative. Then shows two blue wires; 1 for branch circuit 1 and 1 for branch circuit 2.

My converter also has a white wire with red line. Could this also be a ground?

On the plus side, all the outlets work on shore power. Now to figure out the DC.

2. pej

pej Member

No one responded to your question. Does your converter have the red, white and two blue wires as described in the manual? Yes the white is ground and the blue wires are the fused output wires for 12 volt trailer devices. The red is to connect a battery. If your Popup has 12 volt ceiling lights then I would expect that one of the blue wires is crimped to a wire that runs to the ceiling lights and the white wire will somehow be connected to the trailer frame.

Are your white, red and blue wires connected to anything or just dangling out of the converter?