ANT WARS!

RAGAR Family

Sep 19, 2011
Looking for ideas to deal with black ants that seem to enjoy being inside my camper, we put out the poison ant disks, but the ants seem to walk right them. We camped this last weekend and found about 25 dead ants floating in the water of the RV toilet. All weekend we seemed to be killing two or three every time we were inside the camper.

tzmartin

Not here for a long time but here for a good time!
Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
I keep a gallon of Ortho insecticide to spray in and around the camper. It lasts several months. A place ants seemed to hide when i first got the camper was under the roof nooks and crannies. Just spray and they'll die eventually. Also, at really ant infested sites, I've sprayed all camper parts that touch the ground--hoses and cords too.

scubacamper

Super Active Member
Mar 19, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Boy this is an never-ending problem for me also. I've tried salt, borax, and many, many other things. What seems to work best is I get my pest control guy to spray around it (it's parked in a wooded area of my driveway so lots of insects but especially ants). He sprays every time he comes out to the house and in between I use Black Flag Ant & Roach. I make sure i spray any part that touches the ground or can be reached by a low-hanging branch or bush. Best of luck

lostboy

Nov 13, 2016
Lakeville, MN
I keep a gallon of Ortho insecticide to spray in and around the camper. It lasts several months. A place ants seemed to hide when i first got the camper was under the roof nooks and crannies. Just spray and they'll die eventually. Also, at really ant infested sites, I've sprayed all camper parts that touch the ground--hoses and cords too.
Same here, Ortho home defense, white jug with red label (pour it into a 1 gallon sprayer). Says it last 12 months, I reapply every 2 months. Just hit the bottom underneath as much as I can reach and then the sides up about 4 inches, around any openings.

When we first got it we had some ants move in while it was sitting (little ones). We haven't had one since I started spraying. We use this on our house too around the perimeter.

This won't get them out but should help them from getting in.

roybraddy

Super Active Member
Mar 23, 2016
King George, Virginia
We used to go to LAKEWOOD RESORT in Myrtle Beach for mini family reunions... They have the very small ants there. They always get inside my truck and all inside my POPUP trailer etc...

When we leave we seem to always head for Gatlinburg and end up transferring probably hundreds of those small ants there haha...

When driving the truck it gets all heated up and then in alittle bit the small ants are coming our of every nook or cranny...

When we head back up I95 for Virginia from Myrtle Beach we usually stop at the SOUTH OF THE BORDER place and then open up everything we can think of there in the hugh parking lots under a shade tree and spray the crap out of the ants...

Seems like the real small bug and mosquitoes all live around the East Coast down that way... The small mosquitoes are so bad outside of Charleston SC my good friends down that way have to put on bee suits to pick tomatoes out of their garden...

geesch...

Roy Ken
a3T3WxN.jpg

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
Seems like the real small bug and mosquitoes all live around the East Coast down that way... The small mosquitoes are so bad outside of Charleston SC my good friends down that way have to put on bee suits to pick tomatoes out of their garden...

geesch...

Roy Ken

We grow our mosquitoes so big and plentiful up here, that at this time of the year, they pick you up, fly you back to the nest, and feed you to their young. Trying to plant the garden right now is impossible without a suit because of blackflies and mosquitoes.

As for the ants, I'd say the there really isn't too many places that they could hide in a Pup. Set it up at home and totally empty it out. Mattresses out, everything out from under dinette seats, clean out all the cupboards and storage areas, vent off from in front of furnace and off of back of fridge, and go hunting. The ceiling could be the one thing that could be tough. Spray, step on, squish, hammer, smack, blow out with compressed air, hire an anteater from the local zoo, you'll get them all.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Ortho Home defense here too. I spray nooks and crannies. I initially had a bunch of 1/4" black ants. So I sprayed. a day later, there were ant carcasses all over the place. Haven't had a problem since.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
I would spray the inside and outside of the trailer with Ortho Home Defense and use granules on the ground around the trailer.

bob barnes

Super Active Member
Mar 26, 2017
we use terro in the house all the time it flat knocks all sorts of ants one day you have them next day they are gone!!

Halford

Super Active Member
Sep 28, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
I would buy a large bulk of insecticide on spreader and spread it all over the whole yard around the camper then use your hand and throw the insecticide under the popup... It worked for me after I tried many things. the insecticide has slow release which would last a few months.